Animating prims within a linkset.

Adamthebest

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2869 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I'm trying to make a sliding door script but cannot figure out for the life of me how to smoothly slide the door within a linkset. Was looking for a solution similar to llSetKeyframedMotion, however that can only be applied to the root prim. Could anyone give me any pointers?

Thanks.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. Do you have any suggestions on how I could achieve a smooth movement with SetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast? I know you can set position using it, but reading the wiki, I can't see any keyframing options.

You need to script it. Make a loop and move it with llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast in small steps. 15 moves per second are sufficient - with more you are not gonna see a difference. llSetPos is too slow for that movement.

You can set the delays with llSleep or use the timer. With llSleep the script will be unresponsive during the movement but for a door script that is tolerable.

Nexii Malthus stocked the wiki with a handy library of Interpolation functions, including cosine interpolation, a cheap and easy solution for when "smooth movement" should include an accelerating start and slowing to a stop. 

(I stumbled on that page recently when checking if there's a "quaternion-native" way to interpolate rotations, without converting to and from angles. Answer: Not that I found.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2869 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.