why does my sl viewer freeze after I log in

Tiffany281

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2856 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Tiffany281 wrote:

why does my sl viewer freeze after i log in

I log into my sl viewer and every thing loads like normal but then freezes up and does not respond, please help

nobody can and will know what the reason is, you give not enough info

what happens exactly,, and what is your system info

This often happens because your connection 'chokes' on the sudden rush of data as you log in. Limit occurances of this by making sure:-

• You have no leftover Notifications (top-right)
  • Your inventory is small (ideally <40,000 items, and no folders with more than 10,000 items)
  • If using RLV, that your #RLV folder is small as well

If you think this is all fine, you'll probably just want to reduce your settings so that your network struggles less with the pressure of logging in.

• Like 2

You will need to edit your post since we cannot reply too our own questions but ...

How far do you get?  Do you log in and then crash as soon as you try to ove? Do you make it in world?

Which viewer do you use?

Have you tried a different viewer?

Have you tried logging in to a different location?

Have you tried putting a clean, sharp knife under the PC and some brewer's hops in a pillow case above it?  OK, so that last is for bad dreams but SL can be a nightmare at times ... 

To answer technical questions we need information about the computer and which viewer you are using. Open the viewer and before logging in click HELP->ABOUT... and copy paste that information into your post. Click OPTIONS in the upper right to get to the EDIT option.

Have you tried logging into a different region? The problem may be the login destination region.

Have you given it a couple of hours? Many problems in SL are transient and will self correct.

Have you tried a different viewer?

Have you restarted the computer and router/gateway?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2856 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.