sin and shape upgrade

Mac Miranifone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2850 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all. Have a girlie friend who is new to sl but registered a while back and picked the sarah mesh body. She has picked a few demos off the market place to change her skin but no matter what she tries nothing changes? She has tried double clicking on the new skin in the folder and also clicking "wear" I'm wondering if she has to have a mesh skin seeing as the av is mesh ? or do you get shot of the mesh body altogether. Need help here please as when I started everything was pretty simple:) Thanks :)

The starter mesh avatar is not possible to customize. There are no other skins that work with it.

Your fiend must go to Me- Choose an avatar - Classic and pick a new avatar from there. Important that she does not choose "people", but "classic". This is very confusing, but trust me.

Once she has chosen one avatar from "classic", she can try the skin demos. If she will change to another starter avatar, she can do so any time.

I don't know how LL thinks, but apparently they think new starters in SL does not need to change their appearance, so here are some new mesh avatars that will not fit any clothes, or who can't change skin or makeup. Let us call them "people" and hide the avatars that can be changed under the cryptic term "classic".

Thanks Marianne:) I'm a pretty skilled builder and scriptor in sl and I had a funny feeling ti was something like that lol . SL strikes again. So........... to get this right basically she signs on to sl again and picks a new av but this time a classic one??

She can pick a standard avatar from within the viewer. In Firestorm it is "Avatar"  - "Choose Avatar". From there she will have a standard body that she can change the skin on and shape of course. If she wants a mesh avatar then she will need to buy one inworld. Most are around $10 US (no head).

It actually is getting tricky to get by without one of the popular mesh avatar bodies -- especially for shoes :D.   Boots are an answer or some old items on the marketplace. I've had my mesh body for a year and a half now and I was definitely not early to the party. I waited until I found one that I really liked.  So this isn't really new technology and many designers are starting to make clothes JUST for the popular mesh bodies - hence no standard sizes and no alpha layers.

Guys not so much yet :D.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2850 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.