Designer Threads

Khyujo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2886 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm pretty new to the SL scence, (apart from seeing multiple ads for it when I was younger, yet I was never really made one until around 2014, always stuck to IMVU), but I'm here now and this new world seems very new and exciting, yet also confusing and daunting. 

Anyways, I have a general idea of what I want ( an Aeros Avatar, maybe with the **bleep** attachment), along with a plethora of clothes, accessories, hairs, and such in my wishlist. I've tried on a bunch of demos from various shops in my wishlist too, but, I'm not entirely sure whether I want to get Arrow, Raul, or Javier (Aeros skins), or any indication of what clothes I wanna get, (because I'm still a bit wonky on the mesurements and such.

I currently have 100 Lindens and I'll be buying at least 10k on Monday and I was wondering if someone wouldn't mind shopping in-world with me, (showing me the ropes, helping me decides what looks good, (like a RL shopping experience), and show me anything else they'd think I should know.

Prepare a list of the looks you want.

It is much more easy to suggest stores if we know more about you.

Ordinary everyday wear for the rough male, plaid shirt, biker boots, leather and jeans?

Stylish, corduroy pants, fitted shirts, "sailor style", sleek suits?

Urban streetwear, heavy tattoos, sagger pants?

Fantasy themed, like Mad Max or other dystropia looks?

Beachwear, swimwear?

Roleplay gear?

Hairstyles, the Arrow and Raul suggest more half long to long, maybe braids.

An AO so you move more smooth and natural. Your budget suggests more an Oracul or TuTys, although Vista is preferred by many.

oh ok, I'll get on that right away.

and what's an AO exactly?

1. Causual, somewhat Formal, biker boots, skinny jeans, sweatpants, chinos, high top sneakers,

2. Heavy(ish) tattoos (I like Bolson's tattoos alot, but I'm open to other ones of that quality), Urban Streetwear (think some of 1. would fall into that catergory

3. some Mad Max esche items would be cool too, plus some Katanas and some sweet laser guns

4. swim trunks, boxers

5. maybe, probably some Harry Potter gear, Power Rangers gear too

6. something similar in quality to taketomi & Burley, like [bade]

7. An AO definetly

Khyujo wrote:

and what's an AO exactly?

AO is short for animation overrider. Its basically a thing that you wear, which overrides the standart animations your avatar does, when walking, sitting etc and instead gives you a varity of new animations.

Join a few groups that match your interests. The MenStuff group is good for helping to find good men's clothing, skins. & etc, but there are other good men's fashion groups too. If you use a Firestorm viewer, their user group is very good for getting help with viewer issues.Use Search to find other groups & places that might interest you.

I generally advise not to spend too much money until one is sure they want to spend more time in Second Life, but if you know you want an Aeros avatar, they look good & come with plenty of skin & facial hair options. When you find stores you like, join their groups to get their group gifts & updates on their latest items.

If you find the time, it would be good to try several different AO's - you can find them in the marketplace under Animation Override category and usually, at the bottom of item description there is text that says "See item in Second Life ®" which if clicked, will open a slurl -  a link to the in-world location of that store where you can go, sit on the pose stand and try all animations that come with certain AO. 

It will be good just to see the variety thats offered and you will probably want to use different AO's for your characters :)

Usually, AO's have several walking animations, few for when your avatar sits, many standing animations etc. some people like to combine animations and build their own, unique AO's. 

I don't think I will have time to shop with you, still working and we are un different continents, yes? You are in America?

I really like to dress up my male avatars. Some say that there is not enough male clothes, but I disagree. There is more than one think, and I find a lot in understated, muted colors that I prefer. Or well, my male avatars seem to have a will on their own. They stick to Shai's relaxed jeans and Muschi hotboy jeans. Deadwool is also heavy in their inventories.

I am obsessed with mixing, but Redgrave and Lapointe & Bastchild has some premade outfits that will make you look really good, Redgraves beach outfits would be the best buy for summer beach look and Lapointe & Bastchild for a full biker outfit included boots. Lapointe & Bastchild also has very formal tux sets, and are very big in jacket or vest combos with hoodie or t-shirts under. Zaara has a super sleek suit for the thin, lean man, and EPIA (Every Pixel Is Art has a more relaxed, crumpled suit. Epia has some very good relaxed clothes as well, plus an awesome line of uniforms and military gear.

The Fallen for urban combat wear and also some GoT themed clothes like Wolf Brown, my favourite, along with FallOut pants.

Tattoos, you already mention Bolson, I like them and has some, but Sleepy Bozer for colored tattoos.

Sounds like you have a good idea of hairstyles. I just toss in Monso, they don't have many, but I like them. Dura is one of the few non mesh hairs that I buy, because they are possible to move freely and maneuver in under hats, goggles and such, while mesh hair is often rigged and can't be moved. But that is another thing  Maybe you shouldn't go that way unless you wear a lot of stuff in addition to hair. And a shaved hairbase fit under all things.

Weapons, I only use them as props, for function yopu should ask some else.

AO, I think others have it covered.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27764102@N02/12890414184/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27764102@N02/16161176626/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27764102@N02/16118156007/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27764102@N02/16117026408/in/dateposted-public/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2886 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.