Group Creator - Is it possible to have this name changed?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2891 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello :) 

I ask with interest, a google search didn't provide me the answers I was looking for and was hoping some of you may be able to help.

over 5 years ago now, I created a group which for the past 4 years now I have not been a part of, I still get messages because my name was set as the creator of the group, of people asking for information pertaining to it.

I'm not a part of these groups, affiliated with the business, or have any desire to be contacted regarding them anymore, is there a way to get this name changed or removed, or exchanged for the current owner of the group instead? I'm assuming something like this would be done through linden labs, or if there is another way I'm not aware of yet, does anyone know?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

You can not get a groups Founders name changed. LL gives Founders special rights and one is that a Founder can always take a group over. Even if they quit the group they can rejoin at any time they want and they will be in the Founder/ Owner role instantly. That's the way it used to work anyway.

You can however change the ownership. Simply make someone else the owner, any group member you want, then quit.

You will still be listed as the Founder but not the owner. Then do as the previous poster said and mute the group.

You do have the option of taking the group over and ejecting everyone. Block any new memberships and wait 2 weeks. With no members except the owner the group will be closed by LL. You need at least 2 members to keep a group open.

I did not know that about Founders rights, I was wondering about that if i'd quit if it'd do that or not, neat information to know! Thank you!

Also - it's not the group I have issues with, as Rhonda mentioned, it's people contacting me after the fact, simply because my name was still under 'creator'

I haven't been in the group for over 4 years but still get messages about people coming to me with questions regarding the business and I just... was kinda hoping for a way to make it stop LOL, but seeing as I can't, I will be able to live with it and just keep directing them to the current owner.    Thanks again, you guys have been awesome :D 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2891 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.