Scripts in my sofa no longer working?

Benjamin Glendale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2965 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have had a sofa for a while and has worked fine. After not using for a long time, I tried clicking it and it behaved like a decorative object, and would not work, not even the "touch" option appears. I checked its contents, the scripts are all there. I am no scripting expert so have no idea if somehow something inside has gone missing. I tired resetting the scripts, and added a reset script into the sofa, but didn't change. I tried the vendor, but I bought it so long ago they cannot help. Unfortunately the sofa is no copy, so there is no back up. Does anyone have any ideas how I can solve?

Unfortunately Adam below was unable to help, the sofa seems as dead as a dodo. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Following on from answers below, I did try rezzing the sofa at another sim, the problem persists. However, happily the vendor was able to send me a new copy, so I am OK now ... although would love to know what went wrong so I am going to carry on trying to see if I can find a remedy.

Meanwhile thanks to everyone for the help ... I really appreciate it.

6 answers to this question

Benjamin,

Has the region your parcel is located on been restarted recently?

Occasionally the transaction processor for a region [sim] gets jammed up and a restart clears this issue up nicely. The transaction message you need is that which allows the script to load into you local viewer memory. If you can contact the region owner, have them restart the region for you so you can test this.

Also, to test that the region is the issue, take the sofa up into your Inventory and try rezzing it on a script-allowed sandbox to see if the sofa comes alive once again.

Let us know how it goes.

• Like 1

If you are sure that you are not on land where scripts have been disabled, then the problem has to be in the sofa itself.There's always the possibility that you have recently moved into a mesh house that has a poorly-constructed physics shape that is blocking it, but that's a real long shot.

You've tried the obvious methods to reset a stalled script -- re-rezzing the sofa from inventory and adding another script that uses llResetOtherScript -- so about all that's left is that some other script that used to control the main script is no longer there.  The fact that you were able to add another script tells me that you have mod perms. So, what else have you done to the sofa?  Have you unlinked parts of it and relinked them?  Have you removed a cushion? Have you added a transparent prim? 

• Like 1

Benjamin,

I'm so glad the vendor made good on the sofa. 

One possibility is that your sofa was one of those with self-updating scripts. This is a method whereby the merchant can send you updated features/functions automatically. The self-update could have failed and left the sofa a pure ornamental object.

Another possibility is that you accidentally gave someone Edit Permission over your objects and they accidentally removed a script from the sofa.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2965 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.