Can i still use my clothing accessarys ect with mesh body head and hands feet?

Cynfire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2969 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

all older system layer clothes, tattoos and alpha's are useless with mesh avatars.

You will need appliers if you want to add such things to your mesh avatar.

Lot's of older things won't be available for the new mesh.

You'r skin might also be out of luck... if you want to use mesh body and head,  you most likely also need a replacement for that

SO...time to shop :)

Ohno..v.v R.i.p my old avatar can i still use animals to ride like the akk xl 09 friesian? And have a umbreon follow me around and use maybe the fire trail type feetprints? Lol well i will hafta spend around 200$ to get myself started in this new avatar thanks for the information so far

Ridables will still wrok.  Anything that is not a system layer of some sort will still work.  Ears, tails, wings, horns ... all of that will work.  I have an old pair of prim goat legs I can still use, but instead of wearing the alpha layer to hide my legs, I use the HUD for the mesh body.

Most old boots will still work and old shoes with prim feet sort of work. In both of these you will not need to wear the mesh feet that come with your mesh body.  They will not fit as well as rigged mesh boots and shoes but some of them will be ok.

Most accessories will still work with mesh.  Necklaces, rings, peircings, braclets, scarves, etc. Anything that is tacked on will still work.

Oh good! Makes me happy then! Lol im glad tho i found a nice corset dress from meshhead to start out with my new wardrobe so tattoos im guessing maybe even hair? And some clothing is not usable on mesh but is the old skin shape still around? Or might just need to throw away alot of stuff lol.sorry i ask a billion questions im not yet able to be on sl waiting for a laptop im guessing my old stuff might all be obselete too bad i loved the things i had lol gives me a better start with this mesh anyway.

Dont delete you old stuff (if you have room to keep it). Designers are updating their stuff all the time and you might be lucky to get new outfit that works.  Also, a few times ...I have sent notecard to designer asking them if update available and/or could they tell me when one is. Its good to give them feed back as well as it helps you to find out. 

Maybe I missed a point here, but you don't have to buy a mesh avatar.

It is called a "Classic" avatar now and you have to look for it on the Marketplace, if it say: "Can be used with classic avatars ot can be used with classic and mesh avatars". The item you link to, has no such description, but it has a demo. Trying demos is more important now, than ever.

Works as it always has. Most things besides rigged and fitted mesh was in place two years ago, like alpha layers, Slink feet and using "add" instead of "wear" so you can wear 5 layers of tattoos, shirts etc and also attach more things to the same attachment point.

Oh thank goodness! I can use my classic avatar and buy my mesh avatar just for my job which requires a better looking avatar or whatever lol thank you for clearing that up! And i wont delete any of my items then thank you ^^

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2969 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.