Would you support this project?

BriaZz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey residents,

I have a problem. Some of you may need to see my last question here. That question was about some advice for a new computer. Two weeks after I got tips from other residents. I ordered an Alienware area-51, this computer had cost me €6500 ($7150).

Three weeks ago... I had some unfriendly visitors at home. In other words, there was a burglary. They only took my computer, tv and some jewels of my mother. Our dog was poisoned with antifreeze. Thanks to our neighbours who saw later that day that our front door was open. My dog was saved and is healthy again.

My question is, would you support an indiegogo project to collect money to buy me a new computer. Or is that idea way too stupid? A friend of mine came with that idea... I am an amateur photographer on weddings,... so I can not do my job. (Which is my only income as a student.)

Would you support a project like that? Please be honest. ;)

Thanks anyway!

Kind regards,
BriaZz

4 answers to this question

Insurance? Yeah right... They only pay €250 because they are never sure that it was stolen. We can show the bills of the purchase. But this is the way the insurance thinks... Some people are faking a burglary to get money from the insurance. So we only get €250.

So yes, it is a question for residents. I want to know if they would support something like that. And as you can see, the anwer is no... So case closed! ;)

Yipes!  You paid over $7,000 for a computer?  Unless you are buying a professional workstation for intensive 3D modeling and rendering or video editing and special effects, there is no reason to spend that much!  Certainly not for a computer capable of running Second Life well.

In my view, the thieves did you a favor (assuming that your property was insured, of course.)  Take the insurance payment and buy a replacement computer for not more than $3,000.  Pocket the rest.  That will buy you a machine capable of all but the most intense 4K editing and rendering...certainly plenty of horsepower for Second Life and photo editing!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.