Graphics card out of date issue

Luna Mystiere

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2975 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok so when I try to get into my firestorm viewer I get the error, 

"firestorm is unable to run because your video card drivers did not install properly, are out of date, or are for unsupported hardware" 

I've seen blog posts on this but none have really given a solution to why this happens, and its kind of making me panic as I need it for a rl class >_< 

So I have the basic Intell HD 3000 running on Windows 10 and for some reason it has currently no more updates so after multiple reinstalls of the current driver, searching through pages upon pages of Intel and HP pages trying to see if any have a solution and theres just nothing....

I know... I know I read on a blog that one of the solutions is to try and run the 32 bit version and then do this intel fix but the person who posted the question answered back saying that it didn't work...... and so I thought I would try asking...

Sadly I did have a laptop that was running SL smoothely but it's decided that its 6 years of no overheating issues must come to an end and is giving me a green checkered screen ((if anyone can find a fix to that I would be so greatful but I know because of its overheating there isn't much that can be done))

So yeah my main question is, is there actually a solution to the Intel HD 3000 driver update? 

Thanks

Luna

5 answers to this question

Luna,

The bottom line is that there is no official support for the Intel HD 3000 under Windows 10. Your Windows 10 readiness report should have mentioned this and made your PC illegible for the free Windows 10 upgrade without a Graphics Card upgrade.

In rare instances an upgrade would work for a while but ultimately after a few rounds of required Windows 10 updates the 3D capability of the PC get marked non-functional.

If this is a tower system you need to upgrade the graphics Card to get back into SL properly.

Below is a linl to a chart of GCs and their price/performance information.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

• Like 4

The only real solution, as KarenMichelle and Alwin have suggested, is to stop using the feeble integrated Intel graphics and get a discrete graphics card (assuming you're using a desktop PC.)  The Nvidia GeForce series of cards run SL very well.

Windows 10 + Intel HD 3000 graphics should run Firestorm just fine if you install the 32bit version of Firestorm and then apply the Intel fix.

You will only have this problem on viewers which use the Windows 10 manifest. That's Firestorm & Alchemy for sure. I'm not sure which other TPVs are using the Windows 10 manifest.  The Linden Lab viewer doesn't yet use it but it looks likely to be added soon.

I had this issue tonight when I was forced to upgrade Firestorm.    Installing the 32-bit version of FS and then installing the intel patch worked for me.   My cheap integrated intel hd chipset would not update so this was the only option.  

I have an all-in-one Gateway which otherwise rocks.   This is the first issue I have ever had  with it.  Who knows if next time I am forced to upgrade if the patch will work.  Unfortunate because I am not going to buy a new computer just to run SL.  This computer is only 2 years old.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2975 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.