Why are 1 avi's IM's going through to a friend's email, but my other avi's are not?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Help....IM's from my avi are not being sent to a friend's email when he is offline, but my other avi's get through to his email.  This makes no sense since both my avi's preference settings would be the same.   Any suggestions are greatly appreciated as this is driving me crazy.

Thank you!

It may be a lag problem.  IMs can sort of pile up and then get dropped if the servers are too busy. If it's happening consistently with one avatar, though, that's not a likely answer. It's possible that your friend has muted that one av, either on purpose or by accident.  You might ask.  Can he receive normal chat from you in world?

Thank you for your suggestions so far.   No, I am not muted since he gets my IM's when online,  it's only when he is offline that they are not sent to him via email.   However, when I am on my other avi, he does get my IM's sent to him in email when he is offline.  Makes no sense to me.

@Pia - This may sound weird but I've recently noticed something about how Spam Filters work on personal email accounts.

One of the "Tests" they use to determine potential spam is "Email Address Starts With Lots of Digits", another is "Email Address Contains Long Strings of Digits". The email addresses used for offline IMs tend to trigger both of these rules. With most Spam Filtering software, when these rules are triggered AND the "Spam Score" rises above a certain threshhold, the email is not even delivered to the Spam Folder .. it is simply discarded. You can usually change this behavior by adjusting your Spam Filter settings, but not always. (In my case, the option to change the settings is there, but only succeeded in displaying an API error .. LOL)

I recommend you have your friend add the following address to their Spam Filter "Whitelist":

• *@im.agni.lindenlab.com
The asterisk before the at sign should allow any email originating from the IM to Email system to pass untouched through your friend's Spam Filter. If this doesn't cure it ... ummm ... (scratches head) Time to get a new friend? (just kidding!!)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.