Grabbing textures using UUID.

Jerilynn Lemon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3028 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I attempting to customize a helicopter to a specific theme. Using the UUIDs, I am able to texturize the surface to my liking.

Using the SLCacheViewer helped me find and locate some prims the creator did not list as "customizable".

But at the same time, two textures I need are not listed, but shown with a red X in their place. The help section explains that the viewer texture cache may have pushed them out to make room for the others to be seen. They do not say the texture surfaces are deleted, just not viewable.

I did empty my texture cache and reloaded it in a quiet area (Smith) and then re-rezzed the helicopter, hoping it would show the two missing textures in SLCacheViewer.

My question: Is there a way to pull the textures out (I do have the UUID numbers) using another means?

UPDATE:

Yes, I am trying to retexture by hand, add an alpha type layer over the first, to give a rugged look. But I need the original template (?) to make this happen. The UUID's I have are for the original, but SLCache doesn't show them.

UPDATE2:

Thanks Rolig, I appreciate the response.

As for the other two, one asked rather rhetorically " then why hasn't he or she given you copies of the textures, or told you the uuids?". the parts I am trying to retexure are the skids and a stablizing wing (UUID's are mentioned in the customizing kit one can by from the creator).  I have an NC in to the creator now.

But thanks for your answers, as much as they didn't really assist in my original query.

4 answers to this question

I'm not sure that I understand what you are doing.  If you already have the texture UUIDs, that should be all that you need.  You can apply a texture with llSetLinkTexture or llSetLinkPrimitiveParam's PRIM_TEXTURE parameter with either the texture name (if it's in inventory) or its UUID (no matter where it is).  Unless, of course, you are trying to apply the textures by hand instead of with a script.

• Like 1

Jerilynn Lemon wrote:

[ .... ]

Yes, I am trying to retexture by hand, add an alpha type layer over the first, to give a rugged look. But I need the original template (?) to make this happen. The UUID's I have are for the original, but SLCache doesn't show them.

In that case, you may be out of luck.  Your best hope is to contact the creator and see if he would be willing to send you the textures.

• Like 1

Do you have permission from whoever created the textures to use them?

It's not clear to me why you need this third party program to inspect your cached testures and their uuids.    If you have the creator's permission, then why hasn't he or she given you copies of the textures, or told you the uuids?

If you don't have the creator's permission, you really shouldn't be using this tool to reproduce his or her intellectual property.

• Like 1

@ your update

i seriously  doubt the original template is meant for use on your local machine. Getting textures out of sl without agreement of the creator is not allowed.

Mod means mostly you are allowed to add your own textures, not copy it to your own pc and remake it.

I know the program you use... in my opinion it is in the same category as a copybot viewer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3028 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.