How can I make my home stop returning to my inventory 5 minutes after placing it?

CalystaVolt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I bought a larger home on my rented land but when I place it, it remains up for about 5 minutes and then will "despawn" so to speak and get sent back to my inventory. I didn't have this problem with my previous home on the same land and didn't make any changes, so I'm not sure why it's doing this or how to fix it.

4 answers to this question

If Maddy's not right (she probably is), then the other possibility is that your house is somehow set to self-destruct after 5 minutes. Builders will sometimes do that sort of thing with demo houses, so that they don't have to rez every model that they offer at once.  Maybe you picked up a demo, or a house that has a demo option activated.

OK, it's a long shot, but it's possible ......

• Like 1

If you read Maddy's answer and said to yourself, "what's a rental group?" then you need to send an IM or a notecard to your landlord and request an invitation to the rental group.  Rental land is generally restricted to allow only group members to rez objects (others are either prevented from rezzing entirely, or are affected by the land's auto-return setting, as you are now.)

• Like 1

In addition to the suggestons already posted, I'd like to add one more.

You said your house is larger than the previous one. This is also a long shot, but it's possible that your house is on your neighbour's land, or at least partially. If they have an autoreturn, or if your neighbour frantically checks for encroachment, that could explain the behaviour. You should be able to see if this is the case either by the mesage when your house is returned or by finding the border of your parcel and checking if your house is over it.

My money would be on the rental group though.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.