Did everything suggested but my inventory says no items in this outfit. Help please

Madisyn Darkrose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3092 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Rephrasing Alwin's excellent answer .... There never were any items in your Outfits folder.  That folder only contains links to items that are elsewhere in your inventory.  If you have deleted or renamed those items, the links in your Outfits folder will be dead or gone.

Both responses point to your not providing enough information to answer the question.

Include you viewer and computer information when asking any tech question. Use Help->About... and copy paste.

What do you see when you look in inventory?

Moving items I've used in outfit around in inventory hasn't been a problem for me. But, I seldom do that with items used in outfits just because of how I organize inventory. So, I may not have noticed the problem. However, deleting inventory items will break an outfit.

Using inventory to edit outfits made in Appearance/Outfits is a BAD idea and can cause problems. But, it can often be done without a problem.

First, I'm going on that you said "inventory" and that the 'outfits' was an additional missing area.  Yes, the items in that folder are links to the actual items, so if you're missing general inventory you'll be missing that.  Losing inventory-and it does happen 'out of the blue'-is a problem I've encountered as have others I've spoken to in various groups. Obviously, you've learned some of the tricks n tips, already, so I only have one suggestion, which was given to me-contact LL regarding this.  I did.  All I got back was a general answer but my inventory was mostly restored. Also, if there's an updato sl, it's happened, but slowly things come back. Other than that...I feel your pain! (Or opportunity to buy new stuff--it's the season, lots of gifts out there!)...

Oh, and always sign out with your avie clothed, just to be safe. :smileywink:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3092 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.