gestures

yunghunxue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi I'm fairly new to SL and really enjoying the experience and have learned alot of things along the way  :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

however one thing I'm confused about are gestures and how to use them, :matte-motes-stress: I'd love to use them and I've downloaded some from the marketplace, a few are HUDS which my avatar is already wearing. What would I need to do to be able to use them ? I've also heard of chat-command and keywords which trigger a specific gesture, could anyone guide me through this please. Thanks ! :heart:

To use gestures you need to open the gesture and click activate at the bottom. Also at the top of the window it will tell you what to type in chat to trigger it.

As for the huds, those are not gestures, they are dancers. Gestures are only last a certain amount of time while dancers have an on/off function so you can play the dancer for however long you like. When you attach a dancer you will see the command for starting and stopping the dancer in chat.

Hope that helps.

keep also in mind a lot of those dances/gestures use sounds, or whole songs...streams

When a land owner picked his music carefully he won't like your noise a lot an most likely ban or at least block/derender you.

The same with lot of other people around, you will spamming their experience with annoying sounds and tunes, ene when a handfull supporters is around you others will be hating you for it.

Many will block and derender, or even report you for griefing.

The following video is rather dated, but explains the basics of gesture usage and creation very well:

The only difference consists of things having been moved around in the menu since this video was created.  But the rest hasn't changed since before I got here... and I've been here for a very, very long time.

...Dres

Oh just DON'T USE them..unless you are a HOST and WORKING in SL.

They are annoying.

They are disruptive.

Some are meant to grieve or troll..even if it seems like they are cute.

MANY come with annoying sounds.

They interrupt social chat in clubs in other social venues.

Most people in SL cannot type a complete sentence...its SCARY..the illiteracy and lazy typing rate is HIGH.

Throw them AWAY...don't be a gesturbater that will be hated by many sooner rather than later.

Learn to emote or type your OWN words!

And finally..they make anyone who uses them, except in rare cases, underaged and immature.

There are MUCH better ways to interact with others! :)

I've done a bit more research and I find HUDS alot easier to use and they make no sound at all :) it was a firebreathing ability I was looking for, and bought one in the marketplace that is a HUD... much easier and quicker to click a couple buttons than type in /flame1 /flame2 etc each time.. :matte-motes-delicious: The other which required gestures (the first one I bought and wanted to know how to use) got  laggy when played and it did affect the chat a little as well has having a very loud sound which irritated me :matte-motes-stress:

I totally see what you mean about the sounds ! I often go to sandboxes in particular and find a couple of players running around playing the same sound over 875787234 times at ear shredding volume ! Think I'll pass on the gestures ! :manlol:

Thanks ! :matte-motes-big-grin::heart:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.