Market Place search suggestion

oODOMOo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone,

Always had a hard time searching for a specific item that is made for any mesh body due to the search being limited towards only typing the mesh body name where everything that has a keyword related to that body type. In that matter I end up looking at items that would fit it and those that don't.

As a suggestion, it would be helpful to have a sub search catagory box, where you enter the body type that you're searching an item for and the item that you're searching for in the main search box. Also as another suggestion a sub catagory drop box where you choose (normal - mesh - fitted mesh - rigged mesh - etc....) where it would narrow the search for you and look at all items that relate to what you're looking for.

Thank you..

yeah...you're new! :)

Here's 26 pages of discussion on the Marketplace Search beta (where awesome LL staff just keep twiddling with buttons on the search enginifierdoodlewottsit and make "relevance" still include irrelevant.  It'll all be awesome though, don't you worry.

Give the beta search a try, they're listening to all feedback and taking it all on board, i'm sure your problem will be solved by this new awesome search.

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Marketplace-Search-Beta-Now-Available/td-p/2978231

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Marketplace-Beta-Search-New-Information/m-p/2983571#U2983571

Yes, well....the sellers can put any tag they wish and they want to  'catch'  as bigger audience as possible, so when you searching you might be distracted and see something else you buy. Its good business. I dont think they will change. 

A way to limit YOUR search is to type a word then + another word ie Noya+shoes....this takes you to those items listed that way. Its not full proof cause, as I said, the seller can list the items anyway they chose. 

You may not find what you want this way and have to juggle several words before finding what you after. 

Another thing I do is....when I find something I like and click on 'Visit the Store'  (on right side of page)

I copy  the name of the item (usually clothes) and paste it into  'keywords'  bar and search for this. That should flip to the page with all items same name but different colours. 

The more you use The Market Place, the easier it is to find your way around. I like shopping there. 

While sellers sometimes can put whatever keywords they like, there are guidelines and keyword spamming contravenes the guidelines.

When you're looking for a mesh t shirt that's non specific, it should not contain something like "black, white, shoes, sexy, mesh, slink, Maitreya, dog, cat, house, kitchen sink" etc.

Instances like this should be flagged as market place listing violation, keyword spamming, using the flag option in the listing.

To view keywords easily, there's a Grease Monkey script add-on for Firefox which adds them in red to the listing. Examples like I've just given stand right out.

Let me ask you this.

If the next time you went to the supermarket and found that all the products were randomly distributed such that you had to look everywhere and I mean the same products such as beans, spread throughout the store, v repeat for every other single product.

Would you happily shop and accept that you just have to hunt the whole place to find everything?

Complain to the store manager?

Just walk out?

Keyword spamming isn't a trivial, minor issue. It destroys search and wastes people's time, it is not a waste of their time to fix it and errant merchants need to be pulled up on it.

That's why there's a flagging system on MP listings for this exact purpose.

CheriColette wrote:

Ok Sassy but I wouldnt 'report' something so minor and waste peoples time.  

Dakota Linden says:

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Marketplace-Beta-Search-New-Information/m-p/2981369#M54465

24-11-2015 07:11 PM - edited ‎24-11-2015 09:34 PM

"Keyword Spam violates the Marketplace Listing Guidelines.

Anyone aware of keyword spam on a product listing is strongly encouraged to report the listing so that the issue can be addressed with the seller as quickly as possible.

Regards,

Dakota Linden"

If nobody reports keyword spam it will never stop. The spam is a huge problem. Lots of merchants use totally irrelevant, unrelated keywords that have nothing to do with their product. The result is that the search does not return only the products what the customer is searching for but also lots and lots of other products. It makes finding specific things in the Marketplace very hard and time consuming.

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.