how do u see if your account is saying if your male or female?

Jay680

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3092 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

That information is not public.  In fact, I don't believe there's anywhere in the signup process where you are asked whether you are male or female, so Linden Lab doesn't know.  People can guess as much as they like, but they won't know for sure unless you tell them.  As far as I'm concerned, that is nobody else's business, so I never ask.

I would not only ignore them, I'd probably mute them and find a different place to enjoy SL. You don't need to take that sort of nonsense. Please believe -- even if Linden Lab did know whether you are male or female, they wouldn't tell anyone else. AND if someone else finds out somehow, and if they share that information, they are violating the Community Standards ( https://secondlife.com/corporate/cs.php ), which are a part of the TOS: "Sharing personal information about your fellow Residents without their consent -- including gender, religion, age, marital status, race, sexual preference, alternate account names, and real-world location beyond what is provided by them in their Resident profile -- is not allowed." You may submit an Abuse Report if this continues.

Hi Jay,

Someone has said I'm mad.

Someone has said I run a cult.

Some has said they like me.

Just because someone says something doesn't make it true. As Rolig says, you were never asked your gender when you signed up, so your account can't "say" it.

You might want to associate with... someone else.

;-).

• Like 1

Your username is "Jay" and in a lot of cultures, that's a male name.  Maybe that is what "someone" is saying.

You can't change your username, unfortunately.  But you CAN go back and go through the registration process again to create a different account, with a new username.  If you decide to do this, pick a name that can be used for either gender.  Some possibilities:

• Lee (or Leigh)
  • Teddy
  • Billie
  • Thorn
  • Tracy
  • Jordan
  • Morgan
  • Jamie

But if you ask me, "Jay" is also fairly gender-neutral.  I'd stick with it, and maybe choose a Display Name that's a little more in the direction you want to go.  For example, you could be "Belinda Jay (Jay680)" or "James Jones (Jay680)."  You can even change your Display Name once a week, if you like to switch back and forth.

Whichever way you decide to go, I'd definitely lose "someone" and find some friends who won't care about trivia, but like you for yourself.

• Like 1

Jay680 wrote:

someone is saying my account is saying male and i'm not how do i change it?

Someone is guessing - however, between the username starting with "Jay" and the "real world" picture that's on dozens of web sites around the world as generic "beautiful girl" wallpaper, the guess is pretty logical.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3092 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.