SPAM GROUPS

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3084 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think spam groups are useless.

Because who would like to get spammed all day by a group with random advertisement? Probably not many. I know I wouldn't give up one of my precious group spots to something thats going to annoy me in all the wrong moments. The only kind of messages that interest me come from specific groups I'm in. Mostly events, clubs and interest groups I'm in and even there I mute groups which get overly active with notifications.

Like Syo, I can't imagine that Spam groups serve any useful function. I have never joined one and never would.

People inside them probably only want to communicate outwards (not inwards, to receive) - it's hard for me to imagine any new or old user deciding they wanted to "opt-in" to receiving unsolicited, untargeted marketing information.

That said, I'm happy for those who would use these high-noise-low-signal practices as part of their marketing to keep on sending them to each other forever. This sounds like a perfect definition of the "hell" they should end up in.

darklotus Dagger wrote:

i have tons of spam groups  i belong to  to help promote my buisness but soes any one even pay attention to these groups and what is posted have you ever followed a link into  one of these

Of course everybody notices these things.

In fact, I could offer you a great deal to advertise your business on the Brooklyn Bridge.

***Call me Sir

Spam groups are part of Second Life's international atmosphere. I remember learning about spam groups early in my Second Life career and wondering why would any one even put the word, Spam, in the title of a group.

The answer is that among Portuguese speakers spam DOES NOT have the negative connotations it has for North Americans. People want the ads, just the way our mothers love those coupon circulars the supermarkets send out.

Iyoba Tarantal wrote:
People want the ads, just the way our mothers love those coupon circulars the supermarkets send out.

Speak for your own mother. The Dowager Lady Holmely-Vissitch has her butler shoot leaflet delivery-persons who have the temerity to stuff unrequested invitations to bog off through the portico.

***Call me upper class, because at least I have some class

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3084 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.