Why this message?

bebejee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Tried to click and read a reply to a thread in this very forum about cocktail party dresses and got this reply:

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

Also says access denied.

Syo Emerald wrote:

Because it got deleted. That's the message you get, when you try to follow a link to a thread that doesn't exist anymore. And it was advertisement/spam anyway.

Actually I was able to respond to it before it was deleted. All the OP has posted was a picture of a very nice high-neck cocktail/prom dress with a description.

In my response to the OP's post, I added the information that to find one in the SL Marketplace that they need to do a search for White Cocktail Dress. Just for giggles I also included the link to it's RL sale page so people could compare the savings against the SL price for a similar dress. L$700 versus $178.00 USD

When I tried to update my post to point out 3 specific dresses of a similar design here in SL I found that the OP's post was deleted already.

Its original title was " Beautiful lace cocktail dresses for party" - and I guess is may have been a failed attempt as ad-SPAM but there were no links to the dress sale page until I put in the comparison link in my response as a comparison note. Maybe I should have just included a picture of the real world price. Oh to be used in such a way! :(

It may have been SPAM in the beginning but taking it from SPAM to an object lesson in the inherent value of the micro economy of SL was lost this time around. I guess the Moderator Staff didn't agree.

Bummer.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

*cough* You're not
questioning the mod process,
are you, KM?

Oh me....Heavens no [**wink**]  --   I'm sure the mod on deck was just responding to someone's earlier RIC and never read yet alone saw my intent in converting the OPs post into a learning and yeah-girl example of the benefits of the economy within SecondLife.

The "process" is the process after all.

..and I have Learned my Lesson to be sure. Been spanked by dem mods a few times.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.