Please LL remove openly racist content when reported

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am not a very sensitive person when it comes to adult or even a tad perverse content. But with openly racist content I expect LL to remove it immediately when reported. It's just not acceptable to leave it hanging there.

My partner and I have both reported an annoying ball with an openly racist text above it. Maybe the text is not visible in the image sent in the report, but we have reported it has a racist text and that should at least make them look. I'm sure there would be immidiate action if I repeated the text here in the Forum.

Hello, write things in the forums doesn´t do any to LL. The rarely come here and read. It´s a resident driven forum.

Not knowing what the text says you mentioned, and not being interested anyhow, maybe it is not racist in the USA or the part LL works.

Best way to deal with this stuff is - ignore and move on. If you cannot stand seeing it - derender. There is no police in SL and god help, there never will be one.

Monti

I assure you this is racist in the US.  

Abuse report is the way to deal with it, but since that doesn't trigger any action I try this way hoping there is some person at LL reading these pages that don't want racist content in SL. I hope that's not too much of a burden on users reading the Forums.

Wilma Philbin wrote:

I'm sure there would be immidiate action if I repeated the text here in the Forum.

Yes, I'm sure there would be.

There's a lot of this garbage on the grid. LL hasn't done much with it for years.

FWIW, whenever I file an Abuse Report for these things, I include the offensive language in both the Summary and Details fields on the theory that it puts something ugly in the work queue, possibly encouraging a response. I can't say this has been very effective, though.

I have had some luck getting rid of it by raising Support Tickets instead of ARs. I only do this for stuff in direct view of land I own, however, because it's really expensive: the ticket handling process uses real, professional Lindens, whereas ARs seem to be handled by poorly trained poultry.

Rather than expect them to go in world to see, make sure the text is visible in the snapshot it takes when you press the AR button. It may take a couple of goes to position yourself right and if that fails see if you can send a photo. Whilst against the TOS I would expect them to be reluctant to act if they had to take additional steps to investigate it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.