"You're a Noob" comeback

MissOlaOfficial

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3128 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I was looking here in the in-world employement forum for employment and contacted a couple people who was listed as the "Go to person to contact" and I get an ignorant IM saying I shouldn't have contacted her husband about her club and employment. I calmy stated that whoever is advertising her club has named her husband as a contact and she hits me with that "your full of crap, you're a noob" line (I should have corrected her incorrect grammar, because she needed a lesson) and I guess she thinks hurt my feelings lol. Why is stating the obvious that someone is new, a go to of ridicule? I don't understand what people get out of it lol Yes, I'm new and probably learrned more that you have in your two years of SL. Shall I state names?

Noob is just game slang for new player. People use it to try and be insulting or rag thier friends abit when starting out a new game and they do something silly, but really it doesn't look right to me when people try to use it in this game. Makes them look stupid. lol I had a blast as a new player. I worked at a strip club as a bouncer. Paid to watch naked women rocked to me back then. lol Does get old real fast after the newness wears off though. lol :)

I don't what people have against noobs. I love them. They're so naive and trusting...and eventually wind up chained to a hook in my playroom. :matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

Seriously, some people think noobs just don't know what they're doing. And many clubs won't hire anyone who's under 30 or 60 days old (like they know any better than someone who's been on for a week)

Just go out, explore, meet people, make friends and don't worry about that idiot.

Velk Kerang wrote:

Noob is just game slang for new player. People use it to try and be insulting or rag thier friends abit when starting out a new game and they do something silly, but really it doesn't look right to me when people try to use it in this game. Makes them look stupid. lol I had a blast as a new player. I worked at a strip club as a bouncer. Paid to watch naked women rocked to me back then. lol Does get old real fast after the newness wears off though. lol
:)

In my experience, "noob" is used more toward someone who is being ignorant, deliberately obtuse or trolling. The date on the account has nothing to do with how experienced a person is. More people use the word "newb" or "newbie" toward someone who is new and honestly trying to learn and open to recieving help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3128 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.