Fighting against griefers

Christin73

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Christin73 wrote:

Greifers are not dumb. They tend to know how to get away from anti griefing weapons. Perticurly simply sitting on the ground. I am wondering if there is anything that works against griefers that sit to avoid weapons used agianst them?

There's this new thing that would completely resolve your dilemma.  It's called Stop Trying to Use Weapons on Them.

Works every time.

...Dres

Christin73 wrote:

I tried that and they ended up following me and doing the same thing.

Rubbish, they would only know where you went if:-

a) You told them

b) You had a scripted item being worn that reported your location to them

If you don't know if b) is true, remove all attachments and TP

If by any rare and unknown chance they happened to have a modified viewer that happened to be able to get access to a TP request by another avatar and sniff that to determine where you went, then logout and re-login specifying a new region to login to.

No chance of catching that, problem ends.  (It probably ended before anyway but doesn't suit the dramatainment story)

Best solutions to griefers...

1. Sit down on something, either a chair or just ground sit. They can't move, cage or orbit you if you are sitting. 

2. Block them and any object they have out.

3. Just TP away and come back later. 

Griefers get bored when they get no response. They want the attention. You ignore them, they go find something else to do.

A particle generator, not really. The DJ should have had his/her particles turned down anyway. SL default is high. First thing I do is turn mine down to 100 or so unless I'm watching something like a "fireworks" display. Always a good idea to take things like that off and descript as much as you can before you go to a busy venue anyway. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.