Making Second Life more fun!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1939 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I thought it would be fun to make a thread about making Second Life more fun. So please reply with your wonderful suggestions to make our Second Life a little more festive. I'll start out with a silly one just so no one will think their idea is too silly to post.

It would be so much fun... if when we logged in tomorrow we all had the rank of Leprechaun in honor of St. Patrick's Day.

Lep.jpg

PeterCanessa Oh wrote:

It would be so much fun if there were ever any notice taken of non-US events.

• It would be so much fun If we all remind ourselves that life really is not this SECOND life. This is a life, sure, but not the ONLY life.
  • It would be so much fun if we were more creatives and crazys with the appearance of our avatars. 
  • It would be so much fun If we all had a RL cat playing with our avatar in the monitor.
  • It would be so much fun If all of us believe that in SL really another world is possible.

But perhaps the above are just silly ideas :smileyvery-happy:

Mm...dunno. Maybe I'd start by avoiding the forums. Seems to me and the quick glances I've been giving them that they're not exactly a bundle of laughs. I used to get caught up in reading long thread after long thread and had to force myself away and back to constructve activities but now I'm lucky if a thread or two catches my interest for more than a few minutes.

PS Why are they all so short?? (And uninspiring?)

Unti Kamala wrote:

Like the anti- (and some pro-) Mubarak protests in various Egyptian sims, or the Japan disaster relief drive, or various carneval events all over the world, or...

Oops
:)

Those are purely resident events. LL, and therefore 'SL' as a single entity had nothing to do with them.

Give us Australia Day, Bastille Day, St. George's Day, et al, even May Day.  And I'm talking about non-US events promoted, or at least advertised, by LL.  We get 'celebrations' and 'marketing opportunities' for almost everything that happens in the US but never a mention of any other country.  True, LL wouldn't/shouldn't involve anyone in political demonstrations but, false, the relief drive is an American event, even if it's for/about Japan (just as Paddy's day was more an American than Irish event until the USA re-popularised it.  At that, in the USA for a long time it was largely about raising money for international terrorists).

I just think it would be more fun if LL once in a while celebrated the fact that there are residents from all around the world.  Just one bit of their own "high profile" coverage of an event.  Hell, let's even have an international parade every day if we need to Disney it for US tastes.

• 7 years later...

Hopefully Linden Lab does more with their portal games, and park. I feel it's a step in the right direction. Also, if and when they release mobile clients, maybe they can add cool unique features to that. 

I think more contests and more often would be nice.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1939 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.