Sign in to follow this  
emlyboo

how do i start playing second life

Question

9 answers to this question

Go the the home page and download a viewer.  This is very important.  Check you email for confirmation.  Put your credentials into the viewer i.e., password and name.  Viola' you are now playing SL.

Once you have downloaded and installed a viewer, then go HERE to find out how to do things in SL.  After that, you're on your own.  You can go anywhere you want, meet new friends, and do anything that you find interesting.  Welcome aboard.  :smileyhappy:

Others have already covered the basics so welcome!! :)

After downloading the viewer and activating your account (checking your e-mail) run around, ask a bunch of questions and don't be afraid to walk up to strangers and say hi!

Oh, and go easy on the sparkly stuff and gestures.

The "search" function will be your friend.  Search for "freebies" early on.  There is a lot of free stuff out there that you can find and use to get started.

Have fun!  Just don't take this place to seriously :P

As mentioned "Search" in SL will be very helpful.

If you click on search you will see a menu for types of events like music or education.  There are also many new-comer events. 

When I first arrived I went to lots of the free classes from building to inventory management.  I not only learned about SL but I met lots of other people in the classes too.

• Like 1

There's nothing to "play." All you have to do is register, download the viewer, and log in. Everything after that is entirely up to you. There is no goal, no prize, no rank to be earned, no path to follow. You do whatever you enjoy ... building things, driving cars, playing music, visiting museums, ....