Is LL gonna give us the option to ban a user now that they have banned the only decent security

Tank Camino

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

You can ban any users from your parcel using your estate tools. Right click on the avatar and select "eject," and follow it up by clicking the "Eject and Ban" button.

Alternately, you can add their names manually under "About Land" or "Region/Estate," depending on the type of land and land rights you have.

they has been no public announcement of improved methods of access control or prevention of disposable accounts, nor even a mention of consideration for it.

there are multiple open Jira's on the topic, and you may want to add comment to any that you think are workable, as well as selecting "watch" (and while it's still around, you can vote for it, though that may not have an impact) to be updated on the issue, and show your support.

I personally suggest the one the mentions applying the hardware ID (which LL has acces to) to parcel bans on the server side. This would be the most significant improvement to slowing down the worst of the disposable accounts, and stopping some of the less persistent ones cold.

• Like 1

I hope so too, the product was very effective. True there was a small group of malcontents that raised bogus security and privacy issuse that told their membership how to thwart it, but the vast majority of stalkers, age players, griefers, and thieves were held at bay.

What it comes down to is that there are people in this world that feel that they are entitled to other peoples hard work and money or that the rules that protect us all should not apply to them. LL needs to decide who they side with, people who pay the bills and own sims and stores and want to not have thier work stolen or their homes/sims disrupted or those that have no respect for their fellow players

It is my land, I pay for it, I should be free to have whoever I want on it and not be ripped off or have my friends harrassed simply because someone logs on with a throw away alt to steal or grief

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.