dark blemishes under eyes

greek Wingtips

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3172 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Have you tried "nearly all" the graphics options, or nearly all the windlight options? They're not the same.

Those shadows are due to the terrible default lighting of SL. What you need is a better windlight setting - something brighter that will lighten things up and get rid of the dark shadows around the nose and eyes. I use Nam's Optimal Skin 2, but there are several that will work. I can't tell you where to find them in the official viewer, since I don't use it; in Firestorm, I believe it's under World. I'd have to log in to check, and I can't right now, but I'm sure someone can provide more precise directions for you.

greek Wingtips wrote:

everyone person I see even me, I see dark blemishes under the eyes and on the cheek bones, I have tried neary all the graphic options but still have these,   anyone had these too and if so how does one remove them, if not anyideas how to remove them, 

That is becasue our avatars rarely get enough sleep.. The SL day is 4 hours long.. How many hours do you spend online a day? More than 8? 2 days without sleep will put some serious bags under your eyes.

All joking aside, Ariel has it on point as usual. Change your windlight settings.

For our sake don't use a facelight, though.

neopolaris wrote:

There are some mild facelights that could correct your shading appearance.  No beacons tho please. 
:P

Careful with that one. What you see might not be what others see.

Right now, I'm in a sandbox and there is an avatar with a huge bright area of light around her. Is she an inexperianced newbie? No. That person has been in SL for over 8 years, owns land and so on. To her she probably looks absolutly fine. But to me on (probably) higer graphic settings with a proper daylight windlight setting...she looks like a stadium light.

greek Wingtips wrote:

everyone person I see even me, I see dark blemishes under the eyes and on the cheek bones, I have tried neary all the graphic options but still have these,   anyone had these too and if so how does one remove them, if not anyideas how to remove them, 

Photo?  Lets all have a look please??

Do people say to you "crikey, greek, you've got dark blemishes all over your fizzog, matey?"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3172 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.