Why do I get the boot when I go to a certain room?

TrulyDivin3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am an adult but when I go to a certain room I get booted out because it says "You Are Not Old Enough. Come Back When You Are Older". I don't understand that because I have been to that room many times before but lately when I try to go there it boot me out. I have not been a minor for years so then how old do you have to be to be old enough....89? I go into other adult rooms no problem and like I said I have gone into this certain room before but now when I try I get the boot. Help can someone explain to me why? My rating is Adult and I have not been bad or anything. I am new and at the moment just spend my time learning the ropes. 

3 answers to this question

Hi TrulyDivin,

The "You are not old enough..." probably refers to the age of your avatar, not your RL self. Some places don't allow new avatars in, and landowners have the right to restrict access for any reason they choose. If you visited that room "many times before", it must have been using a different avatar, as the one you're posting under is just over a week old. In a few weeks I imagine you'll be able to visit the room with this avatar.

• Like 4

A little off the point, but SL doesn't have "rooms".  You must be thinking of IMVU.  :smileywink:

And yes, Maddy and Alwin are right.  Landowners in Adult regions typically boot anyone less than 30 days old.  It's nothing personal. Most of the really nasty griefers get bored or banned within their first month in SL, so it's a simple way to keep the riffraff out.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.