Scripts question

KarraSue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

201 is way too many but nowadays thats no threat anymore. I would try to get rid of them though.

That number is most probably hair or boots or both with the old resizer scripts. That means one script per prim.

1st - make a copy. If it's NO COPY and you mess it up ... well, buy something new then :D

2nd - check the menu of that thing. Most have a"remove scripts" option in the menu. Just use that.

If that doesnt work: rez it on ground, edit and step through all linked prims and delete the script from every the prims inventory. (quite some work) If it's a NO MOD thing that won't work and you need to keep it as it is.

Dance huds can have alot of scripts too (not 201) but I think you will know if you wear one.

The easiest way to find them is to remove items one at a time and see how much changes.Like Nova said, older versions of resize-able hair or shoes are the worst.  I woiuld start there.

If you have an item with resize scripts, the good news is that most of them will have a menu command to remove the scripts.  Make a copy of the item, resize it to fit and then delete the scripts.  Keep the origianl version in a seperate foilder as a backup in case you ever decide to change your shape and the adjusted item doesn't fit your new look. 

Perhaps easier still is to look under World, About Land, Script Info and then the My Avatar tab. And you will see a list of scripted items you are wearing and the memory they are using.

If the item has 100s of scripts in its linked parts and you can't remove them through its menu, or a command (read the notecard that came with the item) then this free script will remove the scripts from each part of the linkset. Just rezz the item drop the script in. Read what it says in nearby chat, take it back to inventory, rezz it again and then r-click to get it in edit mode and then go the the build menu > scripts > set to running in the selection and then watch the running progress box that pops up as it cleans each part of the linkset for you. Take it back to inventory and you should have a clean descripted hair piece\shoe or whatever was causing the problem.

I had an outfit that I blythly put on and boy, was I shocked at the 800+ scripts in it. A very old resizer that had a script in every prim and there was a lot of prim work on this outfit; Layered skirt, studs, tassels, etc. Had to remove each one indivitually. Had it down to 200 when someone mention in the FS chat that there was an option to select an object and remove all scripts. Used it...all gone.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.