test delivery in marketplace ?

Zarothan Wylder

seems to me the 'test delivery' function should be a top priority to encourage sellers to embrace the new marketplace..

so i guess rather than lost money trying to work out our unexplained issues with moving magic boxes within our sim we might just leave it for now and list on the marketplace some other time .. sigh.

part of the problem is just that, we had a lot of boxes ( not realising you can have many items in one ) .. so in the interest of saving prims, being organised 'n all.. we condensed items down to categories per magic box..  only to find *some* items would deliver and some wouldn't ! .. go figure.. all done slowly and patiently, each in the same manner, after moving..  it's all just getting a bit messy and expensive now without the free test.

All a bit much for my brain right now with so much else to do so it'll have to wait.

Also waiting to see how this new AIS thing goes.

(( so many new changes + learning curve + to-do-list ) - time ) = mud brain.

i think taking a break late last year is when the marketplace changes took place was good and bad lol, haven't had too many dramas until we condensed the magic boxes in an orderly fashion just recently, to be honest the transition wasn't so bad and things kept going fairly smoothly apart from the odd undelivered item.

it was just a bit of a shock to realise the free test delivery had gone during the migration, in hindsight we would've just left it all alone for now but it was part of a big shop/product update which required more space and moving of the magic boxes.

it seemed to go wrong when removing items from multiple magic-boxes and condensing them in to a single box for each category, only 10 or so items per box where previously it was one box per item..  always thought it was one item per box .. lol?

anyway, on top of that we copied them to inventory and re-rezzed them 300m up in the skybox, then deleting the old ones, re-inserting new scripts from a new magic-box ( same current version as the old but did it to be sure ) aswell as then resetting them, and syncing them with marketplace, got nice pretty swirls and all seemed ok until we started testing by purchasing our own product, the first couple worked, then seemingly random items didn't work, infact most didn't..

by then we were a little frustrated at the lack of test delivery and decided to leave it all go for now ( we sell the same price as in world, and don't ever charge for demos ) .. so yea the marketplace commission thing put us off for now.

thanks for the attentive reply though Parrish, we'll maybe test a few demos and try methodically getting those relisted again once other priorities are out of the way, and will definitely take note of the grid status and other concurrent issues whilst testing in case something seems apparent.

thanks again :)

Sorry if this has been mentioned, and i hope it's not a dumb idea... but maybe you could lower the price of your items to 0 or 1L before buying them to test the items? i guess it would be a pain to do that with lots of items, but it would be cheaper in the long run. Duh i realized i should have done that myself when i tested an item some days ago. I also like to agree with the residents saying you should have backup magic boxes in other sims too. There are nice places that charge 2 or more lindens/day for just hosting the box.

I have had a ticket in to linden lab on this issue of being charged for Tests:smileymad: waited months before getting answers with no help on the issue

We were not ever notified that we would now be charged for testing

it took me awhile before i noticed i was being charged commission for tests

I think it was a very sneaky underhanded way to get extra money from Merchants..why no notice of it?

now i have tested many items and they have my commissions ...i get absolutely no help or refund for this

it just makes me tell my customers to buy in my shop do not give LL commissions anymore

I purchase now inworld because of this as well....  all it takes is a notice to your customers Lindens...I just wonder how many people are still testing and not realizing that they are being charged for it

Marketplace SUCKS!

Ever since LL closed Xstreet, there's been nothing than problems, problems, and more problems.

I just checked my transaction history cos someone said she bought a house, and I had no notifications of any kind.

What I found was a list of 12 failed deliveries, to 11 different persons, all say "Not available for redelivery" while the items show as available on my store.

It shows people have been charged for what they tried to buy, but I did NOT receive the money, and the buyers did NOT receive their purchases, and I did NOT receive any kind of notifications about these failed deliveries.

I barely sold anything since the last update, and since the previous update (the maturity sh*t got installed) all my gothic items stopped selling.

So today I decided to do a test delivery of my failed sales, and hey, no option for it, yeah I can buy my own items and LL will get commisions for it, NO WAY!

Also in my listings show a bunch of products that aren't even in my magic box, I removed them ages ago, but they are still listed.

Seriously LL, is there anything you don't mess up???

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

I think the best way to 'test deliver' your own items FREE,is to set the price of your item to 0L$,buy your own item,see if it gets delivered and has all the content in it,and when you're satisfied,edit the poduct/item to the original price you intended.

On the previous market place,you could test deliver to yourself by clicking a button,but that option is (to my knowledge) no longer available on SL Marketplace.

Britney Damour wrote:

I think the best way to 'test deliver' your own items FREE,is to set the price of your item to 0L$,buy your own item,see if it gets delivered and has all the content in it,and when you're satisfied,edit the poduct/item to the original price you intended.

On the previous market place,you could test deliver to yourself by clicking a button,but that option is (to my knowledge) no longer available on SL Marketplace.

I'd prefer to use the existing Test Delivery option against each listing myself.  Setting items to free and then buying them is not really a good idea given that you cannot make a private listing.

Just use the feature that's there to perform test deliveries :)

• 7 years later...

I decided to comment on this thread because it is what comes up with a Google search for test deliveries to merchants on marketplace.

if you are on marketplace, click on the button for My Marketplace at the top of the page. Go down the drop-down menu and click on Merchant Home. On the top of that page, look for Inventory. in that menu, click on Manage Listings. Find the item on the list that you want to have delivered. On the far right of that item listing is a button, Actions. There you will find what you are looking for, one of the choices is, Test Delivery.