Aesthetic Avatar

Conall DeCuir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am carrying with me around 130-140 scripts when i wear my mesh avie of aesthetics. is there a way to lower the script amount .. yeah i know, detaching it :) I am not able to enter some sims because there are script limits and i need to go back to my old avie when i am entering them and that irks me.

Conall DeCuir wrote:

I am carrying with me around 130-140 scripts when i wear my mesh avie of aesthetics. is there a way to lower the script amount .. yeah i know, detaching it
:)
I am not able to enter some sims because there are script limits and i need to go back to my old avie when i am entering them and
that irks me.

It irks you that sim owners set rules for entry?  Excessive scripts affect everyone's experience.  I guess your choice is to avoid those sims or get over your 'irk'.

It does not irks me that there are script limits. I am a long time roleplayer and i am used to stay far below 50 scripts while being dressed and armed and it irks me that i cannot do that anymore with a mesh body and the only solution is to go back to default.

What mesh body are you using? There is a descripting thingamyjig for the slink avi in their store (or used to be).

I have never noticed the mesh avis I have being all that heavy on scripts. It is only when I put a dance hud on I go above 50 scripts.

Sounds like you're still wearing the hud. Once you get things set, you can take that off. I have the Aethetics body as well as  L&B scripted pants and shir and I'm only running 88 scdripts. You don't need to wear the hud all the time. If you are wearing genitals, take those off. You only need them on if you're RP that kind of scene. 

I doubt you wear this mesh body ;)https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/NIRAMYTH-AESTHETIC-ENZO-PACKAGE-10/7037603 and i do not wear the hud when its not needed, same with my dick and i also know how to delete not needed scripts.

I am with my normal avie at 11 scripts with a dance hud but once i wear the mesh avie i am up to 131 and NO, i do not even wear a AO HUD as i am using firestorm for it.

Hey, its only the bottom clothing layer i wear now and then as i prefer to wear my usual stuff.

[10:05:12] Script info: 'Conall DeCuir': [85/85] running scripts, 1696 KB allowed memory size limit, 0.091366 ms of CPU time consumed.

Thats totally naked, nothing added .. no dick, no hair .. nothing. It is still much to many scripts and thats why i will leave the mesh body be and will just use my old body for roleplay. Thanks anyway for replying

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Too bad the people limiting by script count don't get it. It's not the number of scripts but the efficiency of them. My regular avi, I tend to run around 90 scripts wearing a mesh body, hands, feet, hair, weapon, sim hud and meter and admin meter. I'm an admin in an RP sim, btw. Most of those scripts aren't doing anything but being there. They are the scripts for running the body, but not actually doing anything most of the time. Most of the time, I'm running at a lower resource usage that someone with 50-60 scripts. Just depends on the scripts. Our meter has a sensor that measures the amount of lag what you are wearing creates and will actually turn itself off and no XP or being able to use it if your scripts are causing lag in the sim. It's not the number so much as the resouce usage.

That avatar is modify. It's made by Niramyth, who has sold popular avatars in SL for years. The Astethic is their first human male. I have not heard anything about it beeing no modify.

Since it is modify, should it be possible to take a copy and remove as many scripts from it as possible. If it shows up as no modify in the inventory, is it because it contains no modify parts like scripts, notecards or textures. I have ripped out many scripts from attachments before. Maybe even a scrubber can be used?

I wonder if the hands are the problem. I haven't got the latest update (outing myself for having mulitiple avatars) but I think it had both scripted hands where the hands could be changed to open, relaxed, fists etc with a HUD, and also static relaxed hands without scripts. Not much time for SL in the summer, so I can not check how low I can get him in script count.

Ignore the spoilet box abowe. I am on a hotel internet and it behaves odd....  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.