Why does it take Linden so long to process linden credit?

Keanu DeSantis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

Ebbe Altberg mentioned it during his presentation to the Virtual Worlds Best Practice in Education conference, back in March.   He said then that they were working on reducing the delay to a matter of hours, at least for established customers, but gave the impression there was quite some work still to do in order to ensure LL complied with all the appropriate rules and regulations about preventing fraud and money-laundering.

He said then he hoped there would be more news in the next month or so, which clearly hasn't happened, so I guess we just have to wait.

• Like 3

If you read PayPal' s fine print, you'll find that most of that 5 - 7 day delay is in their shop, so there's not much that LL can do to speed that part up.  There is some delay in LL, as well, but I suspect that it will be hard to ever get the combination of those two delays to be consistently under a week. 

• Like 2

I regularly receive payments from the USA via PayPal that take only an hour or so between my asking for payment and the money appearing in my PayPal account in the UK.

It may be that PayPal insist on various automated procedures that LL has yet to put in place before payments can be transacted so fast, but certainly they can move a lot quicker.

Come to think of it, when I cash out, I always receive the emails from LL telling me they've sent the money and from PayPal saying they've received it within minutes of each other. Quite often I hear from PayPal before I hear from LL, in fact.

It is mostly due to current rules and regulations and Second Life is not the only place that has to comply with them. Most delays are in the payment processing side such as Pay Pal or Visa/Mastercard are there to minimize fraud and chargebacks. I have not heard anything about the process speeding up myself, but it doesn't mean that something isn't in the works to do so.

~ Felicia ~

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.