Gift from someone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Your comment Heart, doesn't really fill one with admiration.

Not a very descriptive moniker, is it?

PS Answering his question as concisely as I did can in no way be regarded as being a 'jerk'. Unless of course you were referring to someone else in this thread, in which case disregard my PS.

Heart Brimmer wrote:

Hi Mick, go to your dashboard, accounts and transaction history, it should show who sent you the gift there. (don't pay attention to the jerks in the forum)

Heart. the protectors of the General Forum which I have taken to affectionately calling, The Poodles of Propriety, do have a point to their gentle chiding. The General Discussion Forum is for General Discussions.

I also applaud all the SL Helpers who take the time to provide the answers here in-situ as well. Without you there would be no redress for these novice question askers.

We used to ask the Moderators to move these questions into the SL Answers Questions forum but that made things worse. All the correct answers would become inaccessible.

So this is the world we all now live in.

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

Heart Brimmer wrote:

Hi Mick, go to your dashboard, accounts and transaction history, it should show who sent you the gift there. (don't pay attention to the jerks in the forum)

Heart. the protectors of the General Forum which I have taken to affectionately calling,
The

Poodles of Propriety,
do have a point to their gentle chiding. The General Discussion Forum is for
General Discussions

I also applaud all the SL Helpers who take the time to provide the answers here in-situ as well. Without you there would be no redress for these novice question askers.

We used to ask the Moderators to move these questions into the SL Answers Questions forum but that made things worse. All the correct answers would become inaccessible.

GD is the best place to ask questions, so long as you have a thick skin.

It doesn't matter what LL intended for GD and Answers. What they offered was a system in which you can't post to your own Answers thread and can't search from the Answers home page. Questions are usually answered faster here than in Answers, as there are simply more people watching. And they're as or more knowledgable than at least one denizen of the Answers area... me.

So, if there's a point to the "gentle chiding", is it to ignore reality?

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Heart Brimmer wrote:

Heart. the protectors of the General Forum which I have taken to affectionately calling,
The

Poodles of Propriety,
do have a point to their gentle chiding. The General Discussion Forum is for
General Discussions

GD is the best place to ask questions, so long as you have a thick skin.

It doesn't matter what LL intended for GD and Answers. What they offered was a system in which you can't post to your own Answers thread and can't search from the Answers home page. Questions are usually answered faster here than in Answers, as there are simply more people watching. And they're as or more knowledgable than at least one denizen of the Answers area... me.

So, if there's a point to the "gentle chiding", is it to ignore reality?

Wrong again McMasters.

The solution is not to populate inappropriate areas with the ridiculous questions. As I suggested to KML in a post that was pulled, if you confined your efforts to Answers only they would stop posting here. You are the problem. Stop reinforcing the aberrant behaviour. Impel LL to fix the problem if you have the solution to it. You are inducing and encouraging others to break the CG. If you can't supply an answer to the question that satisfies the OP without leading  to or needing clarification then don't answer! Alternatively, the OP can start a new thread with any other clarification questions they may have. A pain in the ass, but so what. Deal with it.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

A bank is the best place to get lots of money quick as long as you have a big gun.

FIFY!

[Even ignoring the fact that most of the hypersensitive whingers - if the cap fits, wear it - have tissue texture integument.]

Why in heavens name was any of this threads previously posts pulled?

Maybe because hypersensitive incomprehension led to them being RICked, with the moderators exercising no quality control over the disciplinary protocols?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.