a link to give a notecard? in profile

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Derek, that's not helpful. at all....  

and to answer the question. 

I think how they were able to do it was get the asset uuid of the notecard and use the link to load inventory outfit, changing the asset to the notecards asset.    but I'll research it abit and see what I can come up, will post back. 

bigmoe Whitfield wrote:

On the contrary, it's extremely helpful. It points out where the OP should have posted its question, puts a signal up to focused participants in GD that the thread is NOT actually a discussion so they don't waste any more time on it, and flushes out whingers who want to subvert LL's clear intentions to keep queries in the appropriate forums where interested experts can offer responses which don't involve unhelpful (and clumsily ugly) statements like "I'll research it abit and see what I can come up".

LlazarusLlong wrote:

bigmoe Whitfield wrote:

On the contrary, it's extremely helpful.

I'm sure that there will always be new (and even some not so new) people who will post their whatever guestions here in the General Forum. Derek's efforts to direct people to the "Answers" section will not stop it. It will be a never ending war.

Hi Drake, welcome to the forum.

Links in profiles are tricky and inconsistent. For example you can put in a link to a web page like this [http://www.secondlife.com SecondLife] and you should just see SecondLife highlighted and if you click on it the web page will open. Except; you won't see it like that you will see the whole thing as text, other people will see the link as long as they are using old style profiles, if they are using web profiles they will see the text.

I don't think there is a way to link notecards, but if you have seen it then look up that persons profile on the web

http://www.secondlife.com/firstname.secondname

and you will probably see how they have done it.

Ohjiro Watanabe wrote:

I don't think there is a way to link notecards, but if you have seen it then look up that persons profile on the web

and you will probably see how they have done it.

Seconding this advice, as it lets you see what's been done to try and hack apart Viewer Namespace.

I've also not seen a method to dispense notecards (bigmoe's suggestion likely wouldn't work) in this way. Wearing folders works because they're folders everyone has (via Library) - linking to a specific asset (not a folder) from within your personal inventory is different. Notecards - from memory - shuffle UUID on Save, adding more reasons not to use them in this way.

I'd just set up a free blog somewhere and run the link as a regular URI. Way more suited to this purpose.

Coby Foden wrote:

I'm sure that there will always be new (and even some not so new) people who will post their whatever guestions here in the General Forum. Derek's efforts to direct people to the "Answers" section will not stop it.

Actually, on reconsideration, I have decided that Derek got it wrong.

It should be relocated to one of the technical forums.

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Coby Foden wrote:

It will be a never ending war.

Coincidentally, last night I started rereading

I'm awaiting the movie with even more enthusiasm than for Bladerunner 2

At the risk of thread hijacking...

I'm a huge fan of The Forever War too, and re-read it just recently. I wasn't aware that the film was anywhere near completion (and now I check, the script appears to be trudging one the many circles of Development Hell). I'd love to see the story well-told, but I fear that it probably won't happen (either well, or at all).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.