Can I play SL on a tablet

RitaDuzit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3311 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

I have Lumiya on my Nexus 7.    It's not the same as using a fully-featured viewer on a pc, of course (you can't build with it, for example), but it's perfectly acceptable if you just want to come into SL for an hour or so to catch up with friends and hang out.

I spent a lot of 2013 in hospital, and I was very glad I had it.

I've not used SLGo, but I've heard very good things about it.    I don't think I'm the target market, since my PC is sufficiently high-powered that I'm perfectly satisfied with running SL on a standard viewer, and I'm quite content with Lumiya when I'm accessing SL while on a train or something.

SL Go is shutting down. I don't think this is an April fools joke. Sony bought OnLive and is going to shut SLGo down. The Verge is reporting this. This is sad for Second Life, because the cost of SL Go was reasonable, and it would run well on many tablets.

See the OnLive pages:

http://support.onlive.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/237/

https://slgo.onlive.com/farewell/slgo

• Like 2

As others have said, SL Go will go away at the end of April (unless a user petition can change Sony's mind.)  That will severely limit what you can do on a tablet.

However, if you get an Android tablet (e.g., Samsung Galaxy Tab) you can run the "lite viewer" Lumiya app on it.  The graphics are rudimentary compared with a "real" viewer, but you can do almost anything you can do with a full viewer except build.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3311 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.