Look a new board: Music!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What is your favorite place to listen to live music in Second Life?

- Heron Island on Saturday evenings. Good back-and-forth with the performer and audiences.

- Meatspace Lounge. Kyle's got the banter and the flow down to a fine art.

Do you have a favorite musician?

- No. What I want to listen to or engage with depends on the time and how I feel. But there are a lot that I like out there for their music, a lot that I like for what they do beyond the music, and there's a lot of overlap between those two groups. (My sister Beth will probably smack me for not reflexively saying MY SISTER BETH! the next time she comes down to visit. Heh.)

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Let's start things off with two simple questions:

What is your favorite place to listen to live music in Second Life?

Do you have a favorite musician?

I do not have a favorite venue/place to listen to live music.

Favorite musicians, a partial list: Gina Stella, Stella Silvansky, Selene Audion, Maxx Sabretooth

• Lindens

I don't have a fave single place to listen to live music, but some places are gorgeous to visit, even when no one's playing. Like the stages on this region.

My wife and I once saw a piano concert by Origin Rang that blew my mind, and I don't know whatever happened to him — but that dude could nail the Chopin. He was charmingly polite about such a virtuoso performance, too.

Keli Kyrie wrote:

I love Open Air too. (camera works better when there are no walls) My two favorite performers would have to be Lillie Woodells and Gypsy Quixote.
:)

Thank you Keli!  I'm flattered to be listed there with the great Gypsy!  That man really and truely has talent, and on a side and person note... what a voice!!! 

There are a ton of great places to find live performers and an amazing bunch of fantastic performers out there! 

The first live performer that made an impact on me was Maximillion Kleen.  I perform bi-weekly at Pannie's and Rosedrop Media Circus, you can im me inworld for a lm.  I know Gypsy performs there regularly as well, and Pannie has a wonderful troup of folks she welcomes on her stage.  It's always a lot of fun, but man is it hard to perform after some of those folks.....

xxx

Lil

• 3 weeks later...

There are so many amazing venues in SL that it's hard to remember them all, let alone list them! But, as manager for the fabulous Rocky Toocool, I can say that some of the venues I love to be at when he plays are Pf's Place, which is a really nice, simple beachside sim, low lag, great danceballs, and fun people. Also Off The Rails, where they work so hard to make our weekly (Saturday) costume shows such fun by dressing the club for the event, dressing in costume, and making it a great show. Romantica Yacht Club (RYC) is a favourite as well...and sooooo many more! Check my profile pics inworld for Rocky's schedule and you will find some great venues in there!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.