Hidden Groups

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Mick Mercy wrote:

If someone has created a program that can find your hidden groups and let other people know, what else could that person do.

Cure Cancer?

Nuke terrorism out of existence?

Land a helicopter on Kim Kardassian's ass?

Persuade politicians not to lie.

Coach the Oakland Raiders to a winning season?

Make Jim Carrey funny?

Find out when SL is going to be closed down?

I am sure the list goes on and on . . .

Maybe the OP is worried about his Mom discovering he belongs to a bunch of BDSM/gang bang/zoophilia/etc. groups. :o

Groups can indeed be hidden:

Group visibility in your profile

By default, others can see the groups to which you belong in your profile.

To hide a group so that it does not appear in your profile:

1. Choose Communicate > Groups or right-click on yourself and choose My Groups.
  2. Click the group you want to hide 
  3. Click Group Profile.
  4. Deselect Show in my profile.
  5. Click Save.

valerie Inshan wrote:

Maybe the OP is worried about his Mom discovering he belongs to a bunch of BDSM/gang bang/zoophilia/etc. groups.
:o

Groups can indeed be hidden:

Group visibility in your profile

By default, others can see the groups to which you belong in your profile.

To hide a group so that it does not appear in your profile:
  1. Choose 
    Communicate
     > 
    Groups
     or right-click on yourself and choose 
    My Groups
  2. Click the group you want to hide 
  3. Click 
    Group Profile
  4. Deselect 
    Show in my profile
  5. Click 
    Save

I think OP already did that and is now worried someone has  a program to find out what groups he has hidden.

I doubt such a program exists and think he is worrying for nothing but someone must be laughing their *** off.

valerie Inshan wrote:

Maybe the OP is worried about his Mom discovering he belongs to a bunch of BDSM/gang bang/zoophilia/etc. groups.
:o

More likely it's something more embarrassing, such as the "I think Linden Lab has a coherent business strategy" or  "Hooray for the excellent LL Support Line" Groups.

Or perhaps the seminal "Wasted was misunderstood" Group?

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Ooooh!!! I had (almost) completely forgotten about Wasted! Dang, Llaz, you must be right: how could someone possibly want to wear such a group tag? 

(but I kind of miss Wasted's posts sometimes when the forum is so boring - that is, all the time...) :D

valerie Inshan wrote:

I do appreciate your 
altruistic efforts here, I really do!

There's nothing altruistic about my efforts; I am trying to get Ebbe's job when he moves on at the start of the new golf season, and proving that I could revive a dead thing seemed a very relevant cv point.

LlazarusLlong wrote:

valerie Inshan wrote:

I do appreciate your 
altruistic efforts here, I really do!

There's nothing altruistic about my efforts; I am trying to get Ebbe's job when he moves on at the start of the new golf season, and proving that I could revive a dead thing seemed a very relevant cv point.

And here's the folks from the Lab deciding whose next for the Big Chair

0:48 is also where they got the basics for the boobs physics too!

At last, something fat chicks are good at!

[/me takes a leaf out of Bourne's book, selects a fake passport and a wodge of foreign currency, cuts and dyes hair, puts stone in shoe to create limp, and buys bus ticket for Paris then catches a boat to somewhere else on the continent where he can hide from the excoriation of most of the population of the forums.]

PS Natalya, don't I know you from somewhere?

valerie Inshan wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Ooooh!!! I had (almost) completely forgotten about Wasted! Dang, Llaz, you must be right: how could someone possibly want to wear such a group tag? 

(but I kind of miss Wasted's posts sometimes when the forum is so boring - that is, all the time...)
:D

I miss Wasted also.

He did start to get a bit annoying at the end when he had to start making new accounts in order to post here.  But he sure could be lots of fun.  And he had some wild Machinamas. 

Perrie Juran wrote:

valerie Inshan wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

(but I kind of miss Wasted's posts sometimes when the forum is so boring - that is, all the time...)
:D

I miss Wasted also.

He did start to get a bit annoying at the end when he had to start making new accounts in order to post here.  But he sure could be lots of fun.  And he had some wild Machinamas. 

I don't miss him at all. I have seen his last 'work' on other platforms - after he left here-  where he teamed up with another unsavoury individual, posting the most vile and disgusting things. I am glad he disappeared.

is doable

the Only in SL program onlys work well on public join groups tho

need to profile your victim for this. Like have some idea what their kinky is. Once have a rough profile then is relatively trivial to do this

+

the Any/Everywhere kinky hunter program starts with a packet sniffer (and/or keylogger) installed on your computer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.