Thank you! (VWBPE)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I got to attend the presentation by Ebbe Linden today.  There were lots of questions answered about SL and the coming platform, and I feel like I have a much clearer understanding of where to focus my efforts in the near term.  

It's kind of a shame that these sorts of "town halls" aren't held more often.   (Or maybe they are and just aren't well publicized like this one was?)  I feel like so much confusion could be avoided inworld if there was more direct contact with residents as there was today.  It's not just having someone take questions for 90 minutes or so, although that's important too.  Even having different Lindens inworld and chatting, as they did before and after the event, helps humanize the company.

All in all, it was a nice time.  If someone could point me towards some similar educational or cultural events/groups I would appreciate it.  I'd love to get involved in some non-roleplay events.

It's nice that you enjoyed Ebbe Linden's talk today.  There's a whole calendar of VWBPE events, do you have that?  For the remainder of this week.  It's an education conference that is annual.   Virtual Ability also does IDRAC, (International Disabiltiy Rights Affirmation Conference) annually as well.

Last night, Virtual Ability also hosted a panel talk on the movie "Log In 2 Life', which was made a few years back, featuring Stroker (hmmm his last name escapes me, Serpentine?'  and our Virtual Ability founder, Gentle Heron.  2 very different people, different lifestyles, both RL and SL; talking about their lives, and how virtual worlds enhances them.  Gentle is wheelchair bound, one of my favorite scenes showed her, in RL, driving her wheelchair down the street, with her avatar, Gentle Heron, dancing along in the air behind her.  I think that scene will stick in my head forever.  The discussion was streamed in live from NYC, where folks in RL watched the movie and talked with the panel, and those of us in the audience, on Virtual Ability Island, in SL.  

None of this is RP, or gaming in any way, it's just people connecting.   Again, glad you enjoyed Ebbe Linden today!  Let me know if you need the VWBPE calendar of events.

"There was no mistake. The leathery wings, the little horns, the barbed tail—all were there. The most terrible of all legends had come to life, out of the unknown past. Yet now it stood smiling, in ebon majesty, with the sunlight gleaming upon its tremendous body, and with a human child resting trustfully on either arm."

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Drew Bhalti wrote:

I'm hoping somebody has a transscript. I've checked the typical places and not finding any.

Give them time, I'm sure once it's transcribed you'll be able to find it in all the familiar places.

...Dres

Once Peter Grey has "adjusted" it to remove untenable facts, ridiculous promises, and inherent contradictions, as well as inserting even wilder promises, denials of history and a few gratuitous self-congratulatory references.

[Hi Treasure! Seen any good spiders recently . . . ?]

As I read it from secondary sources there is a lot to be excited about, but if they aren't planning for contiguous mainland area at the outset I think that will be a mistake. One of the great things about sl that sets it apart from the competition is the ability to explire mainland by foot and vehicle.

I'll just mention, that every single virtual world that has focused their tools around MAYA, have run into major problems, besides very few people to actually test their tools properly. The Blender community has always been a big supporter of the SL creators, and it is flat out ridiculous that LL doesn't have a team of dedicated Blender users testing out their new platform. I'm increasingly dissappointed by the lack of communication between the creators in SL and the LL devs.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.