I dont know what I did, but The "search" browser dissappeared. Help please =(

Nazareth Nirvana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

If you are thinking of the search button on the bottom button bar in the viewer, I believe you can right click the bar and select the buttons you want to show.

I know this works in viewer 2, but I'm unsure of how it works in other viewers.

Oops! You said 'the search browser'. What exactly do you mean by that?

- Luc -

I'm not sure what the OP means by search browser, but the search window - if that is what the question is about - should open and display content regardless of the cookie and/or javascript settings in prefs. When javascript is disabled, you get a result in the window, but nothing happens when you click a link. The cookie setting has, as far as I can tell, no effect on search. I guess it can affect the ability to go back to the search result after tp'ing, or something like that, but I don't really know.

- Luc -

Hi Luc! Just tested inworld with 2.5. If Java is disabled the Search window opens but all sections are completely blank and this message appears: "JavaScript is required for Search functionality. Please go to the Me menu, select Preferences, choose the Setup menu, and check Enable JavaScript." You're right in that Search doesn't seem to need Cookies enabled, it's web Profiles that need this or they remain blank.

Nyll

How strange! It's only like a couple of weeks since I tried disabling both but still got a result showing in the search window (but could not click any links). I have since enabled javascript, but still have cookies disabled and search works as well (or bad) as ever.

Perhaps it is different on a mac than on a pc? Wierd...

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.