Two questions

Rini Kling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Can you see the question you just posted? Or this answer?

Usually when you say it's broke it suddenly works to make people look foolish. The computer has a sick sense of humor.

No major reason for lag has been announced.

Maybe LL will give you a Private sim til things calm down.

Never hurts to ask right?

Have you tried clicking on your Name at the top of the page to see your forum profile?

LOL well I could answer your first question but you won`t see the answer :D

If you click on the "View All" link it is a bit easier to see whats what.

Lag isn`t really a question anyone can answer, I haven`t noticed it being any better or worse than normal, you may just be visiting more laggy places or you could have more attachments on your avvie than usual. Lag is always caused by a combination of Textures and Scripts so it will always vary from place to place depending whats there & how many other avvies.

"First question:  Why am I not seeing my questions posted or answers to them, and why is there such a dramatic increase in lag the past week?"

1. I can see this question. Maybe you aren't looking in the right places?

2. Possibly related to number one, you might be having issues with your system. Lag is generally caused by your computer setup not being able to handle all the info given to it. If you are wearing a lot of stuff or are in places where there are many things to see, your computer has to process all that information. It's kinda like if a whole bunch of people are talking to you at once, it becomes difficult to understand them.

The solution would be to improve your systems performance capabilities or to remove some of the distractions. You can do this by adjusting your graphics settings for starters and by wearing less complicated stuff. :)

My best guess is that something has changed locally.  If you're on wireless, maybe someone is eating a lot of your bandwidth.  Or maybe you are running something in the background that's eating system resources (an antivirus scan or a routine Microsoft update).  Maybe you just need to defrag your hard drive.  If it's not that sort of thing, the next place to look is on your av.  Check to see what your current script count is. If you are carrying around more than 50 scripts, you can be generating lag for yourself and others around you, especially if many of them are compiled in Mono.  It's not likely that the lag you're seeing has anything to do with LL's servers or everyone else would be experiencing it too. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.