Remembering Hippiestock!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I didn't read the 'Herald' article (I'll admit to rarely reading SL related articles) before reading this thread. Having now read it I just have to note how the vitriol from the forums can be carted to other landscapes too. IN MY OPINION that is a scary reality. Not because I am afraid of what others might say about me in other places, but the mindset of people who continue to drag arguments not just from thread to thread, but also from venue to venue continues to amaze and intrigue me.

I have disagreed a few times with Suspiria - once it became a bit heated if I remember rightly - I would never dream of bringing up what happened in one thread/argument into another - that just screams 'drama whore' to me. Again that is my opinion.

Now I know many people here do take arguments from one thread to another - so if any of you want to feel insulted by what I just wrote above I guess that's your privilege and right - but just give it a bit of thought for the good of these new shiny forums - if it's all going to be about previous battles what good is it going to do for anyone (including yourselves) and it definitely won't help promote the SL we love to new users.

I too (having read the article) think it was a shame that Suspiria's name was left out - I know she contributed mightily to the event before, during and after - credit always belongs where it's due - regardless of any perceived shortcomings of the person involved. In this case it seems it was an oversight, as an observer I can accept that,. It's harder to accept the need for the onslaught that happened at the mention of this omission. 

Finally - at the risk of sounding like a moralistic old crone - it would be nice if people could resist from making those cutting remarks that spark off the 'worse of the forums' really it is hard to accept as genuine those who present as being 'nice' but only to certain people. I find arguing the argument in the appropriate place and manner far outweighs and possible kudos earned for taking a slap at someone we think of as being unpopular.

Please address all hate mail to me in person - don't clog the forums with it.

Thanks.

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Yea, especially remember the people who had nothing to do with it.....

Ouch Sus as one of the many people that couldn't make the event but felt welcome to be in the "big picture" afterwards this comment seems exclusionary and harsh, especially when taken in context with your signature... this isn't lhe the Sus I came to know....

What's up?

Edit - OKI after reading throught he rest of the thread I guess I realize where yu were coming from - but at first read it seemed as if you were "dissing" those of us who weren't there.  Your contributions are well known by everyone involved Sus.

Prokofy Neva wrote:

This belongs in off-topic as a special event of only one small community in SL and not of concern to the wider population.

Depending on where you get choose to get your information, the "wider population" could be a million folks, or more likely me, you, half the people posting in this thread, a dog called Bob, and the uncountable alts for Plastic Duck. And I suspect Bob has a few of alts...

Sigmund Leominster wrote:

Prokofy Neva wrote:

This belongs in off-topic as a special event of only one small community in SL and not of concern to the wider population.

Depending on where you get choose to get your information, the "wider population" could be a million folks, or more likely me, you, half the people posting in this thread, a dog called Bob, and the uncountable alts for Plastic Duck. And I suspect Bob has a few of alts...

I enjoyed your article covering HippieStock.  If I recall there were many people at this event that do NOT post to or read this forum or GD i.e., LadySue, Zeke, et al.   The audience was 'wider' than most of us realize.  

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

This thread is nothing more than a marketing ploy to get readers and to futher the bully agenda. What a shame Hippiestock is getting drug through the mud due to pseudo-journalism.

Marketing ploy?  Now who is making assumptions?

Plain and simple, this is remembering a fun event.  One in which you were a major contributor. 

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.