Prim Teeth not working anymore.

Chuckey Jigsaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just recently noticed the problem that these prim teeth (with build in invisi-prim) aren't showing on my avatar anymore. The teeth itself are attached, and I can see them when I zoom into my avatar's mouth, but it seems like this build-in invisible prim won't do it's job. I've tried multiple teeth I've got from different stores and I get the same problem with each and everyone of them.

Is anyone else having this problem, or does anyone know how to solve it? :(

Chuckey Jigsaw wrote:

Yea, but why are pretty popular shops like Random Matter selling these then, I wonder. I bought them only half a year ago and they worked just fine.
-_-

You probably turned on "Advanced Lighting" in your graphics settings between then and now. Invisiprims still work if "Advanced Lighting" is turned off.

I am currently not able to log into SL but I'm pretty sure I DO have Advanced Lightning turned on. Will check that asap. THANK YOU! :)

But tbh - That's bullhonkey. Why do we have to run around with "crappy" lightning to be able to see those damn invisiprims? ~shakes fist~ :matte-motes-confused:

Chuckey Jigsaw wrote:

I am currently not able to log into SL but I'm pretty sure I DO have Advanced Lightning turned on. Will check that asap. THANK YOU!
:)

But tbh - That's bullhonkey. Why do we have to run around with "crappy" lightning to be able to see those damn invisiprims? ~shakes fist~ :matte-motes-confused:

Because invisiprims weren't supposed to exist (and they looked horrible in quite a lot situations). Alpha layer are now doing their job, so nobody needs them anymore. Also turning advanced lightning off would only serve your own view, but to others you would look quite weird.

My advice would be to ditch invisiprims and get teeth that use an alpha, or find an alpha that workks for the teeth you currently prefer. Even if you could fix it so that invisiprims work for you, almost everyone else is running viewers that no longer render them, and/or settings that no longer let them work. 

While there's no guarantee that other residents can see your av the way you do, if you use outdated items like invisiprims you are making it far more likely your av will look weird to everyone else. All for the sake of a L$50 set of prim teeth.

eta: designers are fallible like everyone else and might not have updated their line in a long time. There's no-one policing what's sold for compatibility,

Chuckey Jigsaw wrote:

I am currently not able to log into SL but I'm pretty sure I DO have Advanced Lightning turned on. Will check that asap. THANK YOU!
:)

When Invisiprims happened LL said "we are not going to support them, in the future things might change that will break them."  But they did not ban them.

So for a couple of years everyone went happily on their way using them.  And maybe it reached the point they thought LL won't break them.  But then LL changed some things and there was a great gnashing of teeth.  People yelled and screamed but LL was implacable.  Their position was, "We warned you." 

Now my position is this.  Any Merchant today selling anything that depends on or uses Invisprims who doesn't state they are using them and the potential problems is a potential fraudster.  Yes I know, strong words.  But I saw too many Merchants move things into their 'budget sections' that used Invisiprims.  They both knew and know what is going on. 

As to Random, they state in the Market Place, "Includes an invisiprim, and is modifiable so you can also wear an alpha."  So while they don't explain the reasons, they are letting people know an Invisiprim is used. 

Yes, I googled some LL help page, and *finally* saw their post about invisiprims. Must've went over my head when it happened. ~lol~

But yes, you are right. The store I got my fav teeth from doesn't even mention that an invisiprim is used. So when I first put them on I was like - Great, a frikkin invisiprim, thanks. xD 

But anyways - I now know what's going on, so thanks for the help everyone. :matte-motes-grin:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.