Jump to content
Hippie Bowman

Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Recommended Posts

LOL Dee!  A little secret!  I was 6 when he flew.  Yeah I know!  I am an Old Hippie, but young at heart!  I was glued to the TV watching.  They let school out that day, and the coverage on TV was all morning, until the rocket was out of sight.  Such romantic days they were.  Now a Shuttle takes off, and they interrupt broadcast for the few minutes it take to get into space.  Sigh!  I was influenced so much by those brave men.  Wanted to go into space myself, but that did not work out.  I think that is way I build Spacecraft in SL!  HEHE!  We can do it all here huh?  Far out!

 

Peace!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool Hippie. I was 9.

I lived in Africa then and we had no TV there but, by chance, My dad was on his home leave, which came up every 3 years. We'd take the ship from Mombasa through the Suez Canal and the Med back to London.

So I was glued to the TV too. Happy days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Lia Abbot wrote:

Cool Hippie. I was 9.

I lived in Africa then and we had no TV there but, by chance, My dad was on his home leave, which came up every 3 years. We'd take the ship from Mombasa through the Suez Canal and the Med back to London.

So I was glued to the TV too. Happy days.

Far out Lia!  The early days of the space program was so cool.  I loved every minute of it.  I bought every model of the space vehicles I could get my hands on.  I would look at the completed models, and just dream!  Sigh. Africa must have been a cool place to live.  I can only imagine!  And remember, I did not ask you to tell your age!  I learned a long time ago never to ask a lady her age!  HEHEH!

 

 

Peace!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow Lia, I've lived in Africa too! 15 years total in Nigeria and Gabon. Awwww.... nostalgia.

As for Shepard's flight, I was 7 months old, lol !

baby smiley.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just doing the math and figured out both you Hippie and Lia are 25 thats cool.:)

Hippie pic from last night we had a barrel of fun :)

Clipped Lillies B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


DQ Darwin wrote:

I was just doing the math and figured out both you Hippie and Lia are 25 thats cool.
:)

Hippie pic from last night we had a barrel of fun
:)

Clipped Lillies B


Yeah Yeah!  Lia and I are both 25!  Woot!  Ahh great picture Dee!  Thanks!

 

Peace!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! Two Africans together, val! I was on the other side, in Kenya. Lived there frome age 2 to 22. Now been in the US just over 10 years. I must have itchy feet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiya val. Hiya Hippie, Dee and all. Have a great weekend.

Val, I wanna join your club. Looks like my kind of thing!!!

And I still can't post pictures. GRRRRR!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Friday Morning to Val, Lia, Hippie and all. Love that song the doggie is listening to. FRIDAY WOOOOT

time to laugh36.gif

Bet Hippie is poolside :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


valerie Inshan wrote:

Good Monday morning everyone! Some good old French kitsch stuff to start the week! :smileyvery-happy:


Good morning Val!  Great video!  Far out, and hugs!

 

Peace!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


DQ Darwin wrote:

Good Morning Hippie, Val , Lia and all. Bugger Monday's:(

Typical Monday:P

Going to work on Monday

 

Good morning Dee!  HEHE!  The Videos are so funny!  Brought a smile to this face!

 

Peace!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone. Back in NH again, but nice on-time flight and easy drive up here, so no prob.

Horrible news this wekend. Why can't we all be more tolerant? I can't pray (beware I'm an atheist, so I'm evil) but my heart goes out to those poor families.

Sorry to be depressing, but I had to say something. Tears from me, but hugs to all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Lia Abbot wrote:

Hi everyone. Back in NH again, but nice on-time flight and easy drive up here, so no prob.

Horrible news this wekend. Why can't we all be more tolerant? I can't pray (beware I'm an atheist, so I'm evil) but my heart goes out to those poor families.

Sorry to be depressing, but I had to say something. Tears from me, but hugs to all.

Hi ya Lia!  Glad you made it back safe and sound!  Yes!  So bad the tragic happenings in Norway!  My prayers, and thoughts go out to those families that are hurting!

Tears-745148.jpg

 

Peace!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...