Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 72 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

I dropped into LaGrange this morning, and heard someone singing "Baby, It's cold outside." So, I did something about it...

I hope everybody has a Warm and Merry Christmas.

;-).

Lol! Merry Christmas to you Maddy, your Mom, and even your border!

Peace on Earth!

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Happy Peak of the week everyone!  Maddy!  Look what Santa brought me this year!  I may have to pick your brain on flying techniques!

Peace!

Woohoo!

My first bits of advice are to tape your name, phone number and FAA registration number on the drone, and fly with a partner when you can. It's nice to have someone watching the drone so you don't have to. It's just too hard to do video while watching for obstacles and territorial birds.

If you're primarily interested in still photography, you can probably use the out-of-the-box settings. If you're going do do videography, you may want to decrease the sensivity of the camera pitch and drone pan controls. I don't have my drone in front of me, but I know there's a setting for the sensitivity exponent for each axis of control. Out of the box, the drone pans too fast for my taste, so I flattened out the early stick travel to achieve more cinematic panning. Now I really have to crank the joystick to get the thing to spin, and that's fine. I did the same for camera pitch, it's too fast ouf of the box.

Have fun with your new toy!

Oh, and Happy Peak of the Week, Kids!!!

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Happy Peak of the week everyone!  Maddy!  Look what Santa brought me this year!  I may have to pick your brain on flying techniques!

Peace!

Woohoo!

My first bits of advice are to tape your name, phone number and FAA registration number on the drone, and fly with a partner when you can. It's nice to have someone watching the drone so you don't have to. It's just too hard to do video while watching for obstacles and territorial birds.

If you're primarily interested in still photography, you can probably use the out-of-the-box settings. If you're going do do videography, you may want to decrease the sensivity of the camera pitch and drone pan controls. I don't have my drone in front of me, but I know there's a setting for the sensitivity exponent for each axis of control. Out of the box, the drone pans too fast for my taste, so I flattened out the early stick travel to achieve more cinematic panning. Now I really have to crank the joystick to get the thing to spin, and that's fine. I did the same for camera pitch, it's too fast ouf of the box.

Have fun with your new toy!

Oh, and Happy Peak of the Week, Kids!!!

Thanks Maddy! Good advice. I got my FAA number and will print out my address and phone number too to add to the aircraft!

Peace!

Fortunately, Hippie's drone doesn't use the DSM-X radio control protocol. I don't think any of the popular highly automated GPS drones do. DSM-X is an old digital radio control protocol used for model airplanes. My boarder has some baby drones that use it, but he's lost so many of them in my trees that he'd probably welcome a hijacker.

Of course, with the popularity of drones like the Phantom, you know people are trying to break into them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 72 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.