Trouble with Second Life

CReHaney

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Having trouble with Second Life in two different viewers both SL n Firestorm, cant tele no where lost inventory items, and get disconnected from game when i do try to teleport to somewhere else, is SL having problems ? this all occured after my home sim and a few other sims were restarted ! and way is this being worked on  ? or am i just just screwed out of items i had that i paid for and not able to play again...i am a premium member, and would oike to know whats going on please !

Pretty much the same thing here, and it has now been more than 4 hours with no change.  Can't TP anywhere out of the parcel I'm stuck in, more than one-third of the inventory never loads no matter how many times I relog, my friends list never finishes loading so I can't tell who is online nor can I send IMs to them unless they IM me first, and clothing and skin never fully rez up on my avatar.  Except for one day in June when a lot of us were unable to log in for several hours, this is by far the worst and longest-lasting issue of server problems I have seen on SL in the past 7 months.  Also I am a dj on SL and for the first time ever I missed a scheduled set because I could not get to the club, and even in the parcel where I'm stuck the music button is greyed out so that I cannot turn on the music stream.

to say the least tho are other probs i am having as well ! i cant think of everything lol but thanks. hopefully we wont lose out on more L$ then what they are taking from us, or causing us to miss out on cause of their faulty error ! so pray that it gets fixed soon, cause it doesnt look like its gonna be tonight   *fraunds*

Have you tried logging in to a different sim? The reports in that deployment thread suggest that there were some individual sims that got isolated and needed to be restarted (presumably after today's rolling restarts), so maybe it's just the specific sim you're on is one that's having trouble.

(I can say that in general, today's restarts seem to have been smoother than usual. I have scripts that touch a lot of sims, and they're better behaved now than most weeks after main channel restarts.)

Or, if you've already tried logging in to a different sim and still have the same problems, then maybe there's some network (and/or CDN) problem local to your part of the world?

CReHaney wrote:

still no inentory items reappearing sadly im out of that money for those itmes and cant get them back cause im broke as of right now !!! thisi game is starting to piss me off more n more everyday !

1. it's not a game..

2. log off and clear your cache manually.

3. log into hippo hollow and wait till your inventory fully loads.

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_cache_clear

• Lindens

Hey CReHaney,

Sorry for the late response as I saw yours in the deployment announcements.

If you haven't done so yet could you report it at https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

The support team may have some immidiate mitigation strategies.

For wider issues affecting multiple residents as seen in the forum, I would recommend  filing a jira at https://jira.secondlife.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa (Button at the top right corner)

Please, include the following pieces of information

* When did it start happening (TP and inventory issues)?

* Try to recreate the issue and report the time you see it, the regions you were visiting and tried to teleport too.

* Try login into another public region like Morris and see if you reproduce the same issue.

* If other residents are having the same issue, they should add the same kind of info.

We may have to split the TP issue from the inventory one later.

Thanks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.