Oculus Rift & Leapmotion - The Secondlife Experience

iscabox Flux

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

(Note I apologize if this is in the wrong forum.. it seemed most logical to me) 

I've started a youtube series where I aim to try out the many many experiences SL has to offer using Technology designed for VR use... such as Oculus Rift and Leapmotion! 

Being a Sailor and owning one of the big Yachting Clubs in SL my first videos are around the ocean but I want to do many on all sorts of subjects so this post is dedicated to that... what would you like to see in SL using VR Gear? (Oculus Rift let's me see through my avatars head and matches my RL head movements to my avatars and Leapmotion matches my RL Hand movements to that of my avatar's!) 

(Please do NOT suggest anything Adult related... I intend to visit a Gentlemans Club at some point but will be visiting one where the dancers are not naked and tries to keep as PG as possible.. I.E... no sex dungeons or Brothels..) 

Below you can find a link to the series! 

• 3 weeks later...

It is a real blast, a digital epiphany, but all I can think to do is explore and see things around me. Having that 3 dimensional freedom is like being within a painting, so for me it's about exploring imaginative landscapes and getting with the surrealism of it all, because SL is surreal and absurd.

I've been to some great art installations which would be different and even more wonderful with Oculus Rift.

The first time I tried it was as part of a development project using Opensim, the sim itself was was fairly basic, nothing interactive and was old school prim and texture builds, but with the headset on it really was something else and that feeling of being inside the 'game' was, for me, a serious epiphany. It will change the way we build and what we build, suddenly that feeling of being a voyeur to your own experience, is transformed quite radically. Perhaps a future with OR will mean less time spent on the self image and more time spent interacting with the environments.

I think that dancing in a busy club would be pretty trippy too.

• 9 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.