My Inventory will not D/L.

Terry Kiopak

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My Inventory will not D/L.  It shows up in my Inventory list but if I try to wear or pick up an object then I get a message that says I cannot wear it until my inventory downloads and that never seems to happen.  I can wait hours and it never happens.  I have used Viewer 2 and Phoenix with the same resultsTo me I look like a cloud while to others I apppear normal but cannot change any part of my appearance I  tried to post a ticket no luck.It took me to a palce where is asked what probkems I  was having with Aviline issues and I do not even know what that is.  I am ubnable to use my viewer and cannot post a ticket unless I want to read about Aviline issues..

15 answers to this question

I had this problem yesterday, i was a also a cloud, i went to advanced ettings and rebaked which transformed me into a half bald,  white eyed, half naked avie wearing a ruth shape ( i didn't even know i posessed a shape called ruth! ), lol.  It wouldn't let me wear or change anything because my inventory and shape was still downloading.  When i opened my inventory, it was only showing just over 1,000 objects and i have over 25,000, i put the letter 'a' into the inventory search and it started loading more objects begining with 'a', i did this for each letter of the alphabet, it took a while, but eventually i had all of my items loaded. I then relogged and when i got back my inventory was working fine. Maybe this will work for you too. Good luck anyway!

I forgot to say i also use the phoenix viewer.

go back inworld, click edit then preferences.   find out where on your computer you 'cache' folder is located.

logout.   go into your computer, find that folder, move it somewhere

restart your computer; login to secondlife.

... moving that folder will force a fresh reinstall of your inventory straight off the Linden Lab servers; no you will not lose anything; often this fixes wacked inventories.

... the reason you moved that cache folder was in case anything goes wrong you still have your old cache, once your finished and ideally everything is fixed, just delete it.

Terry Kiopak wrote:

It shows as loading but I cannot werar anything as it tiellme they are not loaded "yet/"  

DO NOT try to do anything except entering search characters until the entire inventory is reloaded.  Log in to Pooley or Corra -- quiet sims.  After the inventory reloads, log out (so that you get a clean shutdown of the application) and then log back in to Home or wherever you want and you should be okay.

Please try this to get your avi loaded 1st.

Bring up advanced menu with CTRL +ALT +D.

Advanced ->Character -> Character tests -> Test female or male

If this doesnt work, then make up a folder containing a skin, a shape, a bald hairbase & some eyes (non Prim) & right click this folder & REPLACE outfit. That should then go on & allow your avi to rez. If you have trouble doing this, please contact the Phoenix Support Group inworld & they will pass you an avatar folder to fix you.

Hope this helps  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.