"Don't meet the min reqs"?

Sneezedip

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I got that message the first time I ran SL but my specs are fine so I was wondering if maybe I'm missing a plugin or something 

Specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745

13 GB RAM

Microsoft Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit

It seems to run fine but takes awhile to load an entire area and the people in it.

What settings are you using for your graphics and what is your draw distance set at? You really don't need more than High unless you are doing machinima or pictures. Your draw distance doesn't need to be above 120. You don't need to see 2 sims away. Uncheck avatar cloth. You might turn off the atmospheric shaders. Go to your hardware settings and check enable lossy texture compression. Also set your Max number of non imposter avis. If you are in a club or at an event, do you really need to see the avis on the other side of the room?

All those will help with rendering faster.

Good luck and welcome to SL.

Random thoughts:

Is this a laptop with both a graphics board and an integrated graphics option? Like the Macbook Pro has?

- If so, could it be trying to use the integrated graphics instead of the actual GPU?

Or which viewer? Is it possible your system is newer than your viewer's version - and so your viewer, on failing to recognize something about your system, thinks the system is older...?

While I've never seen either of these two problems with Second Life - I have seen them in other programs.

Even some desktops have an integrated graphics chip. My second PC at home is such one.

And this processor:
http://ark.intel.com/products/75122/Intel-Core-i7-4770-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz
According to the above link has an intergrated Intel® HD Graphics 4600 chip in it.

So be sure that you have disabled the integrated graphics chip and that you actually are using the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 card.

For crying out loud, haven't you ever heard of Google? Fourth link down on my search results for 'disabling integrated graphics' was this:

ETA...

There are just too many unanswered questions.

Did you install the Nvidia card yourself or was it in the PC when you bought it?

If the latter, you should check with whoever you bought the PC from. If the former, you would have had instructions on how to do all the needed things about integrated graphics.

Are you sure your monitor is connected to the video port of your Nvidia card and not the VGA port of the onboard graphics (I'm already assuming there IS onboard graphics since you never answered that question either way)? Most MB's have it.

In short, you really need to start from scratch. Your rig, as described, should run SL just fine even at high graphics settings. The card is very low on the 700 series totem pole but is still better than lots of cards that run SL no problem. If you're not seeing those results, you need to investigate on your own, with or without professional help.

1) Followed that video and I only have 1 option in the devises which is my gpu so I'm presuming there is no intergrated graphics, and if there are it must be under something els?

2) I brought the unit from PC world.

3) It only has one HDMI port on the tower and that's what i'm using.

Sneezedip wrote:

1) Followed that video and I only have 1 option in the devises which is my gpu so I'm presuming there is no intergrated graphics, and if there are it must be under something els?

2) I brought the unit from PC world.

3) It only has one HDMI port on the tower and that's what i'm using.

Okay, then it looks like all the suggestions about possible issues with integrated aka onboard graphics adaptors were not helpful. Would have been nice to know all that upfront, thus saving these people trying to help the trouble. You can now safely assume that's not your issue.

Sneezedip wrote:

So I got that message the first time I ran SL but my specs are fine so I was wondering if maybe I'm missing a plugin or something 

Specs:

Intel® Core i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745

13 GB RAM

Microsoft Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit

It seems to run fine but takes awhile to load an entire area and the people in it.

Define "a while."

I'm using a 650ti and if I go somewhere with a lot of Ava's it can take a while for all the mesh clothes to load correctly.

The 745 appears to Benchmark pretty close to mine.

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-745-vs-GeForce-GTX-650

I get the feeling that 'minimum specs' message is in error.

But I'm no expert on this.

ETA, default setting for the 650ti is Mid-High, but in crowded SIMs I usually need to drop down to Mid.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.