Hopefully someone can help.....

Darcanya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3580 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sighs_001.jpg

Not sure where I need to post this see how the sun is shining on the back of the feet but not on the legs this drives me nuts when I try to take a picture. I am hoping someone can help me fix this because it is driving me nuts. Thank you most kindly ahead of time.

Your shoes should have a HUD to adjust the skin color of the feet in the shoes. If you look at the left foot at the band around your ankle, at the little round hole, you can see the line where your leg ends and the foot in the shoes starts. I don't think its the sun or lighting, you just need to adjust the skin color of the feet.

Do you use default SL day cycle? Do you have advanced lightning on, with basic shaders and atmospheric shaders checked in graphics? If you can't use SL with basic shaders and atmospheric shaders on, then you will have huge problems matching. No matter how much you match the feet, when you turn so the light fall in a different angle, it is going to be ugly again. This is because the light that falls on your avatar is reflected off different than the light that is reflected from attached prim and mesh objects. 

Vendor ads is shot in bright windlight optimized to show off the products, like Nam's optimal skin, CaL windlight and Ana Lu studio 5. Think of it as light in a professional photostudio in RL compared to the baking sun on a parking lot outside. Default sun in SL is not flattering.

No matter how perfectly you match your shoes to your skin, it's just going to look off in some lighting. Get it right on your screen, and someone else is still going to be seeing it funny on their screen because they're not using the same light. The only way to really have a perfect almost seamless fit and coloring is to use mesh feet and skin appliers. 

Even the appliers will look bad in some lighting. Someone posted one of the name brand feet with different lighting and it looked really bad. The only real way that you and everyone else will see you correctly is to have a one piece avatar, no add on feet or hands, just a full avatar that has no seams. Midnight dreams.

There are really only three solutions to the problem, get mesh legs\booty or body (with legs) to go with the shoe\feet combination, stick with boots to hide the problem entirely or wear shoes that use the avatars feet like these or these for example. As you can see from the picture the ankle looks disfigured in those type of shoes, but the colour of your feet will match your legs.

Changing your windlight settings will help somewhat.   If you are on Firestorm, select "Nam's Optimal Skin & Prim". If you're on the official viewer you can make something similar by selecting New Sky Preset, then edit it as follows;

1) Turn sun & moon light way down to black.

2) Raise ambient light higher, until you get the light level you desire. You can play with the tint of the light as well here, if you wish.

3) Give your new setting a name, check the "Make this my new sky setting" box and save it.

It won't eradicate the problem completely, but it will help.

This windlight setting also negates any need for wearing a facelight.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3580 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.