THE GREAT VOTEBOX DROUGHT

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, I must say that I sure was very thankful, in my relatively early days in SL, for all those xploder owners. I got good amounts of pocket money to buy stuff, and the xploder owners got the traffic what they were after. It was a kind of an unsigned  business deal. Both parties were satisfied - both got what they wanted. A win/win situation it was.

Ah, my apologies. I thought you might have been one of those 'Those who don't work on SL should wear prim cubes for shoes!!' types. And as you rightly said, it was a total win/win situation.

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

The problem is the IQ of the sim owners needs to be low enough for them to set their sims up so that you can make money off them for providing them no benefit. And apparently they're getting smarter.

^^ that

+

for anybody who do put out voting boxes then dont need to pay anyone. If I go your shop or club or venue and I dont end buy anything then if I think is good ambience or well-laid out then I will click the box. Just to let you know that I appreciate what you have done. I dont need any money off you for this. And I think my vote lets you know this better than any number of paid-for clicks

like if get some voluntary clicks from people you dont know then will tell you way more about what you doing right than any other way beside actual purchases or money in the jar

Reminds me a bit of the old money trees that were out there. You'd have to hunt for them and (if) you found them, you could get anywhere from $1L to $5L depending on how much was loaded into it. I set up an alt once specifically to see how much I would make off of that. Took me about a week to make $10L and another 3 days to get into a more "adult" profession

:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

Also is remincent to camping chairs that used to be almost everywhere in SL.

As to your specific statement, I don't think this is a reminder that SL is dying. It didn't seem to be a huge source of income for many people (as most of us here have never heard of it). I haven't seen too many of them around in general. Asking someone to stay in a location for 10 minutes doesn't seem to be that much of a burden. If you have that many alts, but send them out in 1 minute intervals to other sims and just rotate them. You won't have to sit until your finished and you can still collect your lindens.

Won't comment much more but refers back to Amethyst's post which was right on the nose....nicely done!!

You really have no clue, do you?

The time and effort you  put in to getting money for nothing could spent working one shift a week as host in a club or some other job and you'd get a LOT more money.

These vote boxes are a scam as they add little to nothing to search results and dupe people like you into wasting their time and energy for just a few cents.

Thanks for the laugh. 

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

The time and effort you  put in to getting money for nothing could spent working one shift a week as host in a club or some other job and you'd get a LOT more money.

Er, no. Unless you're exceptionally bad at maths, picking up 1500-2000L in little over an hour works out to be much better than hosting a club, where you'd more likely get a fifth of that in double the time. Plus working in a club is boring. You have to follow rules set by some 'manager' who's actually an obese 60-year old man sitting at his PC in a dressing gown. No fun there :matte-motes-not-even:

I can't help noticing, you're a very highly strung woman :matte-motes-wink: You should watch your blood pressure.

VoteboxRepairMan wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Er, no. Unless you're exceptionally bad at maths, picking up 1500-2000L in little over an hour works out to be much better than hosting a club, where you'd more likely get a fifth of that in double the time. Plus working in a club is boring. You have to follow rules set by some 'manager' who's actually an obese 60-year old man sitting at his PC in a dressing gown. No fun there :matte-motes-not-even:

I can't help noticing, you're a
very
highly strung woman :matte-motes-wink: You should watch your blood pressure.

Isn't this thread all about the lack of those paying voteboxes? How are you still making 2K an hour?

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Isn't this thread all about the lack of those paying voteboxes? How are you still making 2K an hour?

Yes, exactly. I'm lamenting the old days, when picking up Ls was a doddle. If I started SL now as a noob, I'd probably have packed it in after a couple of weeks. I've had 40,000L in my balance at times and yet never worked a single shift on SL. There is still multiple alt voting on contests, though that tends to involve having to sit through some awful music unless you time it well.

Hence, sim owners decide to be selfish - noobs get bored and quit SL - sim owners whine about land costs and lack of traffic.

No wonder LL want to do something new.

Midnight Mania is OK for bagging free clothes. Funnily enough, I bet there's someone on this forum that considers THAT an act of 'freeloading'. Lucky chairs are rubbish, complete waste of time, unless you like standing around for 30 minutes for a Linden or some crappy novelty item.

VoteboxRepairMan wrote:

Yes, exactly. I'm lamenting the old days, when picking up Ls was a doddle. If I started SL now as a noob, I'd probably have packed it in after a couple of weeks. I've had 40,000L in my balance at times and yet never worked a single shift on SL. There is still multiple alt voting on contests, though that tends to involve having to sit through some awful music unless you time it well.

Hence, sim owners decide to be selfish - noobs get bored and quit SL - sim owners whine about land costs and lack of traffic.

No wonder LL want to do something new.

As annoying as this conversation is, he does bring up an interesting question about money. Unfortunately, despite what people may say you do need to get some money in SL. I have never had to put a dime of my own money inworld and have worked at various jobs to earn some cash. But what of those people who don't want to put their own money in and are too new or too lazy (like our friend here) to work? There should be a system, besides becoming a premium member, to make a few bucks in here. I've been approached by newbies now and then, looking for handouts to buy a new hair or a new skin.

So the point of the votebox is a valid one...of course, being too lazy to sit for 10 minutes on a sim to earn some money is down right despicable.

Edited to remove a not so nice remark

So the point of the votebox is a valid one...of course, being too lazy to sit for 10 minutes on a sim to earn some money is down right despicable.

Why??? Are you some sort of masochist? Do you hate free time? Sitting on a sim for 10 minutes is down right retarded. Take the money and run.

**bleep** :smileyvery-happy:

VoteboxRepairMan wrote:

Why??? Are you some sort of masochist? Do you hate free time? Sitting on a sim for 10 minutes is
down right retarded
. Take the money and run.

**bleep** :smileyvery-happy:

You could use your sitting time to make some new alts or troll some forums. Multitasking is the future; nay; multitasking is today.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.