Lucky Boards Help

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone.

I want to know if anyone had ever worked with the Lucky More LB Web lucky boards. The website is, unfortunately, in japanese, but even with google translate I still don't understand how these boards work with SL. There's some kind of login process, but I haven't been able to actually get the items from the lucky boards when my name letter comes up.

So... I'm looking for some instructions. ^.^'  I'm sure SOMEONE here has used these lucky boards before and can tell me what I have to do to properly get the items from them.

Here's the website: http://luckyboard.info/

I`ve used some of those boards and got the items, you just left click when your letter comes up and the item is offered to you (top right of your screen). It has to be the first letter of your sl name, so if you`ve altered your name and it starts with a different letter to your original name you you need to click when it`s first letter of original name. Hope that makes sense.

Basically,

go to the sim

if your avatar name you created is say joeblogs resident

Then wait for a board with J to come up

then left click it

All boards and chairs go by your created name, not your display name

<script charset="UTF-8" type="application/javascript" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js"></script>

Are you trying to set one up or use it inworld? Using it to get the gifts is easy enough. Setting it up is a bit dfferent. You have to load the gifts in. CasperVend uses a dropbox that the website links to, I believe. So, if the OP is trying to set one up and the website where you set up the links for the gifts is in Japanese, there's a problem. You'd actualy be better off getting a decent company, like CasperVend or Hippovend. Cheap get you websites in Japanese. I paid something like 1K L for a full CasperVend system with vending boards for my products as well as lucky chairs and a gift card system. That' about $5 USD so not that expensive.

To use one, as said below, you wait until the letter of your first name appears and have to be the first one to click it. Then you get the prize. Lucky Chairs, you're the first one to sit in the chair to get the prize.

Good luck

be good Bobbie ok

cheap doesn't get you Japanese

Japanese language gets you Japanese customers who speak Japanese

Not every vendor caters for every other language speakers. Like a lot of English-only speaking vendors for example

Let me clarify. What I meant was that inexpensive in SL can mean that you don't have support outside of the native language of the creator, in this case Japanese. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, other than that if you need support help, you're going to have a problem.

There is another viewer you can use on android devices othe than Lumiya called LittleSite. Unfortunately, when you go to their website, it's all in Japanese. So, I had to go to Lumiya.

Just one of those things you have to be aware of when you acquire things in SL since it's an international world. You won't always get English support.

irihapeti wrote:

be good Bobbie ok

cheap doesn't get you Japanese

Japanese language gets you Japanese customers who speak Japanese

Not every vendor caters for every other language speakers. Like a lot of English-only speaking vendors for example

Although there was a time when cheap really did get you Japanese :)

Before Japan started to make quality stuff, and lead the world in many cases, they made cheap alternative items. It was known as 'cheap Japanses rubbish'. 'Made in Japan' meant cheap rubbish back then. They even went as far as having actual place names in Japan so that they could correctly put 'Made in USA' on their stuff instead of 'Made in Japan'. I don't know if 'USA' was one. I just used that as an example, although there's a teeny weeny bell ringing in the far reaches of my memory that suggests it might be accurate.

I remember those days. The 'joke' here in the States was that the metal in Japanese products was actually salvaged American beer cans. That faded away pretty quickly after Japan ran rings around our automobile industry.

I've always wondered if someone at Sapporo once heard that story....pick up a can of Sapporo beer and you'll see why. I'm pretty sure you could drive a truck over one of these without denting the can.

sapporo.jpg

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Japan may have trailed us for a li'l while in quality, but they were out ahead of us in other areas. I can't hear "Sapporo", "Asahi" or "Pokari Sweat" without remembering these on the streets of Tokyo...

vending machine japan beer 3.jpg

;-).

Beer vending machines? That is just awesome :-). I have to think the handgun vendor might be problematic.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.