Cant Edit Profile

thescarletwytch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

made a new account earlier today and all day ive been upset because i cant edit my profile. all i keep getting is an error message. im also not the only one that is having this issue....so is 50 million of your customers....is this going to get fixed or we going to have to way forever for this to be fixed?? error message read this below:

We're sorry, but something went wrong

Please try again in a few minutes. If you continue to receive this message please use the options under the viewer's "Help" menu or visit Second Life Support.

Go to my.secondlife.com

thescarletwytch wrote:

im also not the only one that is having this issue....so is 50 million of your customers....

perhaps i'm a exception... or not one of the 50 million ...

i feel sorry for the huge loss of fun you have by not being able to make a profile... little suggestion perhaps?..go inworld and go get a good time with others, and try again later, or try editing it on the webpage instead of inworld.

if this is the biggest issue you ever encounter you are blessed, no need to scale it up to 50 million users.

Yep, same here!

"We're sorry, but something went wrong

Please try again in a few minutes. If you continue to receive this message please use the options under the viewer's "Help" menu or visit Second Life Support."

:matte-motes-sour:

I had the same problem when I came back to SL a little while ago. I was using Firestorm and that wouldn't let me edit my profile but the SL viewer would so tht's what i did, I went onto the SL viewer when I wanted to edit and then back to Firestorm for general use - eventually it sorted itself out and I can edit on Firestorm. It's a bit faffy but if it works, even for a little while..

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a workaround: Download one of the third party viewers that have the option of showing the old style profile. Firestorm, Singularity and Catznip for sure, maybe some others too that I haven't tried. In Firestorm you need to select "Legacy Profiles" in preferences.  The legacy profiles never fail.  Downside: you need L$10 to change your profile pic.

• 4 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.